Join National Dentex - a leading healthcare organization specializing in the dental industry. We offer a full spectrum of specialized products, services, and technologies to address any dental restoration need. Currently, we have 60+ labs throughout the country. Our team is growing, and we are seeking to fill a number of key positions within our organization including this opportunity at DSG Mt. Vernon Dental Lab in Mt. Vernon, NY for a Full-Time Dental Lab Technician III – Denture Technician.
The regular hours for this position are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and subject to change from time to time.
This is a full-time position featuring employee benefits including: health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; paid holiday, vacation, and sick time; 401K with company contribution; and tuition reimbursement!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions of the Position:
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Read prescriptions and specifications received from dentist.
- Fully qualified for full arch and partial tooth arrangements and set-ups.
- Able to select teeth for any variety of cases.
- Fully qualified to process and finish cases in a variety of ways including injection processing and pour and cure techniques.
- Able to do a wide variety of repairs, relines and other assorted tasks related to complete and partial denture fabrication.
- Implant knowledge is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Knowledge tooth anatomy
- Ability to articulate according to Rx
- Knowledge of materials (i.e. stones, acrylic)
- Set teeth in proportion to doctor’s requested bite for denture
- Finish denture, pumicing and polishing for delivery of completed product.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Strong ability to read, listens, comprehend, retain and execute on written and verbal instructions
- High level of organizational skill with the ability to prioritize work
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
Hazardous Materials or Equipment Used:
- Required: High school diploma or GED equivalent
- This technician has a minimum of 5 years of experience and is skilled in one or more of the skills associated with a Dental Laboratory Technician.
- Wet Grinder
- Sharp Tools/Instruments
- Investment material
- Hand piece
- Boil Out
This job has expired.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and/or reach.
- Exhibit fine motor skills and/or perform repetitive motions.
- Read and interpret prescriptions and other required documentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Vision capabilities: depth perception, attention to detail, and/or color.