The Design Engineer is part of the Engineering team dedicated to supporting API Delevan's world-wide customer base. The Design Engineer will interact with external customers as well as all internal areas of the business including the distribution network and manufacturing representatives to support the customer. This role will be joining the API Delevan team in East Aurora, NY. API Delevan is part of Thomson Linear and Altra (AIMC). This position is full-time with full benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Along with those identified below, other duties may be assigned.
- Research and develop new products; lead the introduction from prototype through production.
- Evaluate designs through product testing and troubleshoots design issues.
- Review customer inquiries and develop design concept proposals.
- Responsible for all documentation to include bills of material, new material drawings and engineering instructions.
- Work closely with teams consisting of representatives from purchasing, planning, operations, and quality.
- Work with engineering team to develop solutions, testing, validation procedures, documentation, etc.
- Prepare and maintain specifications and support documentation.
- Maintain and improve existing product designs
- Create and maintain engineering documentation (models, drawings, specifications, etc.).
- Modify Customer drawings as advised by customers (as necessary) while documenting date, requestor, and reason for all changes.
- Perform engineering calculations as necessary for product selection criteria based on customer provided parameters.
- Provide customers with required engineering data, drawings etc.
- Travel to customer location as needed-up to 20%.
Job Requirements U.S. citizen or permanent resident status is required due to ITAR restrictions. Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and obtain appropriate information and data in order to prepare waste reduction initiatives
- Support meetings supplying relevant data, provide updates on plans and highlight concerns relating to actual or potential issues
- Escalate any issues to Manager or others in the organization particularly when there is risk which could prevent the organization meeting customer demands
- BS Degree in Engineering or Physics
- 4+ years of electrical design experience
- Component level experience highly preferred
- Experience with RF and/or Power Magnetics preferred
- Experience with design software/engineering calculations
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be willing to be a "hands on" engineer, as role involves designing, building, and testing prototypes
Skills and Attributes:
- Adhere to health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and well-being of self, other staff and visitors
- Assertive, optimistic and welcomes change
- Engages interest and participation of others
- Proactively contributes to the team
- Is self-aware and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
- Resilient, flexible and works well under pressure
- Excellent communicator with the ability to communicate complex concepts to others
- Able to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Commercial and financial acumen with a strong understanding of the cost of failure both the production and the ability to fulfil customer orders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong numeracy, statistical and reporting skills with the ability to analyze, interpret and manage information, data and trends
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Knowledge and experience of project management skills
- Results driven
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at:
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.
This job has expired.