Digital Communications Manager - School of Law - 502126
The Digital Communications Manager oversees the Law School's digital communications efforts, including website, blogs, email, and social media channels. The Manager will support institutional storytelling efforts, creating and curating sharable content to reach a variety of internal and external audiences. The Manager will determine a strategy to best match content with the appropriate digital channel. Using industry best practices and data analysis, they will develop innovative digital solutions to promote and further the Law School's mission, in partnership with the Director of Communications & Marketing.
Content Development & Strategy:
Social Media Management:
- Develop an annual content plan across multiple channels and platforms.
- Monitor and evaluate social and digital media trends, content strategy, and engagement to identify new directions and methods to engage key audiences; learn and implement best practices in higher education and legal education to enhance user experience.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications & Marketing to strategically use web and social media to effectively reach target audiences.
- Employ innovative tactics to grow audiences and increase audience engagement across platforms.
- Partner with staff, faculty, and departments across the Law School to evaluate the best digital solutions for their goals.
- In partnership with Multimedia Services Coordinator, implement creative digital solutions to best share the Law School's story, including video, podcasts, and blogs, for integration into web and social content (including shooting and editing photos, directing video projects, basic video editing, designing graphics optimized for digital platforms).
- Write extensively for digital platforms.
- Oversee any digital marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the Law School's social media channels and develop a comprehensive strategy to maximize the Law School's footprint.
- Conceptualize, create, and publish regular, recurring content (combining text, images, and video) that enhances affinity for the Law School, communicates success stories, builds meaningful connections, and encourages engagement.
- Identify and develop new practices to reach key constituents, including current and prospective students, faculty, staff, and alumni, with content relevant to their interests.
- Develop and maintain voice and tone across multiple social media strategy.
- Maintain social media guidelines and brand standards.
- Monitor social media mentions and, in partnership with the Director of Communications & Marketing, determine appropriate response and address areas of concern.
- Develop and implement social media campaigns.
- Use metrics and analytics to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of social media strategies and organic and paid campaigns; develop regular, customized reports to shape decisions about social media planning and engagement.
- Partner with the Director of Communications & Marketing to maintain consistent, compelling website content.
- Serve as primary editor and principal contributor for the website.
- Conduct regular website audits to ensure Law School website is up-to-date, accurate, and optimized.
- Collaborate with Website Administrator to make routine content updates and develop new content.
- Select and edit photos for website.
- Use metrics and analytics to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of web content; develop regular, customized reports to shape decisions about website planning and engagement.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated social media platform fluency (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube) as part of a business strategy.
- Web content management system knowledge, such as Wordpress, Cascade, or Terminal Four.
- Strong experience in digital advertising, demand generation, and digital marketing principles.
- Familiarity with social media management tools (Hootsuite, Sprout Social).
- Proficiency in relevant software, including Adobe Creative Suite products and Canva.
- Ability to learn new programs and adapt to new technologies quickly.
- Strong knowledge of website and social media analytics tools, including Google Analytics
- Knowledge of data management principles.
- Exceptionally skilled at project management and multitasking.
- Strong eye for storytelling.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to collaborate and an affinity for teamwork.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience plus two years professional experience - or equivalent combination of education and related work experience - is required.
- Experience with writing for a variety of audiences and channels, web content development, social media strategy and management, and analytics is required.
- Video editing, digital marketing, email marketing, podcast development, photography, and graphic design skills are a plus.
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
- Occasional evening work will be required
Pay Grade 6 (Hiring Range $44,775.00 to $59,325.00 annually) ABOUT UR
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond ( www.richmond.edu ) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE
This job has expired.