Regeneron's Assay Development group (ADG), located in Tarrytown NY, is seeking a hard-working and capable Director. In this role, you will direct the activities of multiple Scientists who may supervise their own individual groups. You will build a development strategy for the developmental projects assigned to ADG, assign projects and review protocols and reports generated by the group. This role holds the opportunity to be an acknowledged leader within Regeneron and its collaborators and serve as a resource for scientific and technical questions by senior management.
A Typical Day in The Role Might Look Like:
This Job Might Be For You If:
- Responsible for establishing the overall goals, objectives and timelines for the Assay Development Group. Makes decisions that impact bioanalytical activities for multiple programs within the company.
- Responsible for ensuring that high quality, fit-for-purpose bioanalytical assays (PK, Immunogenicity and Biomarker) required for each drug program are available as needed to meet program timelines for regulatory fillings and initiation of each phase of all clinical programs.
- Provided scientific guidance to a team of scientists and research associates on the design and validation of bioanalytical assays to support nonclinical and clinical studies.
- Works closely with other groups within the organization to coordinate the generation and proper supply of reagents for current and future assay development projects.
- Scientific expert who contributes to responses to questions from regulatory agency on Biotherapeutic Immunogenicity and Biotherapeutic Pharmacokinetics. This may be achieved as an individual contributor or by designing, directing and integrating research from different fields and across cross functional teams.
- Makes significant contributions to multidisciplinary, bioanalytical, regulatory and clinical team meetings. Conducts effective meetings.
- Build strong relationships and networks externally as well as internally with leaders in other departments, facilitating strategic alignment and collaborations with partners.
- Establishes independent goals for members of the Assay Development Group and provides periodic performance feedback including conducting formal performance appraisals. Creates an environment which stimulates, develops, and promotes the scientific and career development of direct/indirect reports.
- You possess an in-depth understanding of assay development, have strong organization and scientific skills to develops innovative technologies and optimally collaborate within a matrix organization
- You have strong initiative to complete tasks and drive new technologies related to assay development.
- You are capable of multi-tasking, working both independently and within a collaborative environment.
This role requires a PhD and 10+years of post-degree laboratory experience. A minimum of 7 years experience in directing assay development activities in an industry setting is required. An in-depth understanding of the science and technology of assay development and ability to direct the variety of projects being worked on in the group is needed. Anticipating and understanding company goals and timelines and assuming responsibility to ensure they are met is key.
This job has expired.