WHO WE ARE
Tealium is the most trusted and world's largest independent customer data platform. Tealium connects customer data - spanning web, mobile, offline, and IoT devices - so brands can connect with their customers. Tealium's turnkey integration ecosystem supports more than 1,300 client-side and server-side vendors and technologies, empowering brands to create a unified, real-time customer data infrastructure.
Tealium's customer data solutions encompass tag management, an API hub, a customer data platform with machine learning and AI, and data management solutions that make customer data more valuable, actionable, and secure. Tealium has been a trusted provider of customer data solutions for more than a decade, and more than 850 top businesses worldwide including Microsoft, Hyatt, Gap, HSBC and Novartis rely on Tealium to power their customer data strategies.
Team Tealium works and lives across the U.S. and in nearly 20 countries across the world. We are intentional about our culture, our investment in our team members and how we care and connect.
Tealium = Teal + Helium. Teal: a vibrant reflection that evokes authenticity, trustworthiness, reliability, open communication and clarity of thought. Helium: we rise above, a kinetic force that elevates our customers' and our experiences beyond all others.
We win together with respect and appreciation for the talents required of all positions and the people who contribute to each of these.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a highly motivated leader to mentor our Data Engineering Operations team to run, improve and scale our data pipelines. The ideal candidate will have previously shown the ability to lead a team which designs, implements, maintains and maintains new and existing databases, data pipelines, data warehouses. This includes monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding of data metrics. This leader will also work closely with Cloud Engineering Operations, Product Developers, Product Owners and Customer Support on new architecture and feature introductions.
YOUR DAY TO DAY
WHAT YOU BRING TO TEALIUM
- Lead Global Team of Data Engineering Operations
- Specific duties and responsibilities include creating, maintaining and executing on improvements to our data pipeline and databases as we scale our systems to meet customer demand.
- Enhance and extend database, data pipeline and data warehouse performance and scalability.
- Identify relevant business metrics and implement real time monitoring, alerting, trending and dashboarding.
- Analyze and communicate data and database problems.
- Participate in performance and load test efforts.
- Assist in creation and maintenance of the test data environments and test data.
- Respond to non production and production incidents on a rotating basis.
- Implement customer facing Service Requests involving data processing
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years' experience in Data Warehousing/Data Lakes (Redshift Classic/Spectrum, DataBricks preferred)
- 10+ years' experience with RDBMs (Postgres and MySQL preferred)
- 10+ years' experience with NoSQL (Mongo, DynamoDB preferred )
- 7+ years' experience with data pipeline technologies (kinesis, EMR, kafka(MSK), kubernetes)
- 7+ years' experience with Linux
- 5+ years' with AWS dbs and data stores
- 5+ years' with observability, monitoring and alerting tools (DataDog, SumoLogic, Cloudwatch, Opsgenie preferred)
- Experience with data migrations from one data platform to another
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working in with terraform and deploying infrastructure as code
- Experience with automating data and db deployments/upgrades (Liquidbase preferred)
- Experience with Github/Jira/Confluence
- Understanding of web technologies, including web services, web application servers and RESTful APIs.
- Experience working in a 24X7X365 SaaS environment.
- Experience with HIPAA/PHI/GDPR data security and privacy
In many U.S. states, employers are required to include a pay range for posted positions. Although this isn't a requirement in every state, communicating transparently is a cornerstone of our operations at Tealium, and we believe in making this information available to all applicants.
The U.S. pay range for this full-time position is listed below, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is eligible for a robust benefits package that includes the following:
- Employees are eligible to receive stock options.
- Employees and their families are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance.
- Employees have the option to enroll in our 401k plan and are eligible to receive contributions for company matching.
- Employees are eligible for unlimited paid time-off and extended paid parental leave.
- We offer 11 paid holidays annually with an additional Healium Be-Well break for most employees.
- We offer 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs.
- Our sick leave accrual is the following for our employees:
- Exempt CA employees (not including San Francisco) including NY : accrue 40 hours each year. Unused sick leave carries over into the next year. Employees cannot exceed 80 hours in a given year.
- Exempt Non - CA employees (not including NY) including SF: Accrue 1 hour every 30 hours worked. Cannot exceed 180 hours in the calendar year.
- Non-Exempt: accrue 1 hour every 30 hours worked. Unused carries over to the next year. Not to exceed 108 hours in a calendar year.
An overview of our benefits and perks can be found on our careers page, https://tealium.com/careers/. Additional details regarding the benefits package will be provided during your interview process.
Compensation Range: $180,000 - $225,000WHY YOU WANT TO WORK HERE
At Tealium, we don't just offer the ordinary, we provide the extraordinary:
Tealium WOWs (Ways of Work), our award winning culture is how with think, act and connect together at Tealium
Mosaic, our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion is grounded in our mosaic of diverse perspectives and shared belonging as we live in work across the US and in nearly 20 countries
Tealium Cares, to promote caring in our communities, 15 hours of paid work time for volunteer activities and programs is offered annually
Tealium Connects (remote-first working), enabling many of us to choose where we do our best work and offering new hire stipends to assist with purchasing things we need to support a successful home office environment
Tealium Ownership, share in the success of Tealium by becoming an owner of Tealium beginning with new hire equity grants
Tealium Time, unlimited paid time-off policy to offer flexibility to take time when needed and robust leave programs, including extended paid parental leave and company holidays
Healium, health and wellness programs to help us be our best selves in the experiences of health, physical, mental, social, and even financial well-being and wellness
Healium Be-Well Break, an annual all-company paid shutdown to provide a true break for us all
Tealium LIFT (Learning is Facilitated at Tealium), offering a myriad of professional development opportunities with over 6,000 courses available on demand to best-in-class manager and leadership development programs
Health and Related Benefits Programs, offering market competitive benefits programs
Collectively, we contribute our individual pieces (identity, experiences, heritage, backgrounds, religions, viewpoints, gender and more ) to form the mosaic of Team Tealium. It is our continuing philosophy to recruit and employ the best qualified individuals without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other protected characteristic. Tealium does not tolerate unlawful discrimination of any kind and strives to be an inclusive and respectful workplace.
The highly relevant and differentiated positioning of Tealium's solutions makes this a unique and rewarding career opportunity.#LI-Remote
*Offerings vary by level and location.