Director, K-12, Michigan
College Board - State & District Partnerships
Location: Remote in Michigan
About the Team
The Midwestern K-12 team at College Board is a close-knit team focused on supporting high schools, school districts, and state departments of education. We sit within State & District Partnerships (100+ staff), a highly engaged group that works to provide opportunities to students through promoting the use of College Board programs and services including assessments (SAT, PSAT, & AP) and College Board Search.
About the Opportunity
As a Director of K-12, you are directly responsible for managing relationships with key stakeholders at schools and districts within an assigned territory. Your ability to build deep and meaningful relationships within this community plays a critical role in the region's and the division's ability to meet goals related to College Board programs. When K-12 leaders in your territory have the information, they need to select and implement College Board programs that will best serve their students, it's because of your expertise, clear communication, ability to analyze and distill data, and skill to build strategic partnerships that advance student success.
In this role, you will:
Manage Partnerships with Districts and/or States (70%)
- Build & maintain strong relationships with CSSOs, superintendents, and key stat agency or district staff. Create and deliver key reports and presentations to all levels of staff independently or collaboratively with colleagues.
- Apply understanding of full K-12 educational landscape in the assigned territory to develop & execute a state or district strategy plan in consultation with Regional Vice President, K-12 Executive Director, and other departments, as necessary. Independently develop & execute account strategies with a focus on service-model implementation.
- Utilize consultative sales processes in the course of district-level, data-focused needs analyses. Manage all aspects of contracting process.
- Plan & conduct in-depth, sometimes customized, workshops and professional development programs for K-12 constituent groups
Execute Internal Processes & Manage Regional Projects (30%)
- Utilize Salesforce CRM for account management, to monitor progress toward goals, to manage state/district account plans, and for proactive opportunity and task management.
- Employ various College Board sources to access, compile, and analyze data in support of work with districts and states. Independently conduct standard and complex data analysis to inform recommendations to stakeholders in strategy planning.
- Lead or manage divisional or regional projects assigned by leadership.
- At least 8 years of relevant and progressive experience in education or a related field; direct experience in assessment, curriculum, or student achievement initiatives strongly preferred
- A passion for education and deep commitment to the College Board's mission of promoting educational equity, access, and excellence for students of all backgrounds
- A demonstrated ability to build deep and meaningful relationships, to influence others to action, and to effectively handle multiple situations simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including developing and leading presentations, and ability to analyze and succinctly summarize key data points to present key findings to constituents
- Strong organization and prioritization skills and the proven ability to move forward multiple time-sensitive projects in concert, both independently and as a member of the team
- Strong computer literacy, including Microsoft applications
- A willingness & ability to travel extensively
About Our Culture
- A Bachelor's degree
- Experience using customer relationship management system like Salesforce (preferred)
Our community matters, and we strive to practice and improve our culture daily. Here are some headlines:
About the Process
- We are motivated to positively impact the educational and career trajectories of millions of students a year.
- We value learning and growth; we offer formal and informal ways to lead through your superpowers, sharpen your strengths, and meet your development goals.
- We prioritize building a diverse and inclusive team where every employee can thrive, and every voice is heard.
- We welcome staff to join any or all six of our affinity groups: ARISE (Alliance for Asian Retention, Inclusion, Success, and Engagement; DIASPORA (Alliance for Pan-African Success and Achievement); Pride (alliance for LGBTQ+ staff and allies); Resilience (alliance for Native staff and advocates); SALSA (Staff Alliance for Latinx Success and Achievement); and WIN (Women's Impact Network).
- We offer a transparent approach to promotions and merit raises, annual performance-based bonuses, and how to grow your career here over time.
- We know that our impact is strongest together. Our College Board Cares program offers all staff up to $1,000 annual match against partner non-profit organizations.
• Preferred Applicant Deadline:
January 13, 2023
• Interview Process Includes:
Resume and Application; Recruiter Phone Screen; Panel Interview including Performance Exercise (you'll be asked to review district data and identify key findings to discuss with district leadership); Reference Checks (approximately 6-8-week process).About College Board
College Board is a mission-driven not-for-profit organization that connects students to college success and opportunity. Founded in 1900, College Board was created to expand access to higher education. Today, the membership association is made up of over 6,000 of the world's leading educational institutions and is dedicated to promoting excellence and equity in education. Each year, College Board helps more than seven million students prepare for a successful transition to college through programs and services in college readiness and college success-including the SAT®, the Advanced Placement® Program, and BigFuture®. The organization also serves the education community through research and advocacy on behalf of students, educators, and schools. Benefits and Compensation
We offer our employees an outstanding benefits package that includes four weeks of paid time off, an organization-wide week-long winter break, a generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid parental leave for everyone, fertility benefits, remote work from anywhere in the country, medical/dental/vision/pet insurance, generous rewards compensation plan, and ongoing professional development and training. Salary is commensurate with experience and work location.EEOC statement
College Board is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
This job has expired.