Any qualified individual with a disability who is having difficulty in completing an application because of incompatible technology or other disability-related application issues may contact us at the following phone number for assistance: 251-445-1932.
Austal shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. Austal's commitment to equal employment opportunity applies at all levels of employment, in all job titles, including the executive level, and to all employment actions, including but not limited to decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, training, and promotion.
REPORTS TO: VP Human Resources
SUPERVISES: Recruitment Staff
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Develop and implement talent acquisition strategies that advance the organizations goals and objectives.
- Work collaborative with the VP, Human Resources as the executive search consultant to coordinate leadership searches.
- Develop strategies that ensure the appropriate sourcing, evaluation and selection of the most qualified candidates.
- Partner with business leaders to facilitate the recruitment process, including the development of a talent pipeline strategy that ensures future talent needs are met and a continuous flow of candidates is established.
- Collaborate with hiring managers and senior leaders to assess talent acquisition performance and outcomes, and improve overall recruitment effectiveness.
- Develop, measure, and deliver on TA metrics that align with the organizations goals and objectives.
- Development recruiting metrics and analytics to help guide decisions and measure team productivity.
- Deploy innovative sourcing and candidate engagement tactics to attract top talent, including leveraging technology, social media and other recruiting resources to identify qualified candidates.
- Identify appropriate and effective external sourcing partners for all job levels; oversee vendor and agency selection and relationships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleges and universities, government employment services and local HR associations.
- Plan and deliver career events and job fairs in support of talent acquisition efforts.
- Ensure exceptional delivery of aligned and consistent candidate experience.
- Recruit, assess, mentor and develop team members.
- Support Workforce Planning and Development Manager to assess current and future business needs and develop strategic staffing plans to meet company objectives.
- Ensure compliance with OFCCP, EEO, AAP, and other Federal and state regulations governing hiring practices and reporting requirements.
- In collaboration with Marketing, develop and execute on employer branding strategy aimed at attracting top talent.
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of systems and processes to ensure quality and integrity of data to support fluid talent pipeline.
- Develop scalable recruiting processes that meet the high volume recruiting goals in the most efficient and effective manner. Use data analysis to proactively drive reporting and measurement of key performance indicators - cost, speed to hire, new hire retention.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Act as a Compliance Champion for the organization and work to promote a culture of compliance throughout the organization.
- Support business unit Tier 1 Compliance Lead in responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development, or related field required; Master,s degree preferred.
- 10 years' progressive recruitment experience in a high-volume fast-paced environment with varied business objectives and shifting recruiting priorities.
- 4 years' leadership experience preferred.
- Demonstrated working experience in HR, beyond Recruitment, preferred.
- Proven track record for producing hiring results; demonstrated success in developing and maintaining professional contacts.
- Strong business sense and an ability to set and implement strategies, actions and plans in support of strategic objectives.
- Must maintain strictest level of confidentiality,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated expertise in leading vendor/partner relationships, and driving return on investment.
- Knowledgeable in, and able to apply constructs of, various Federal, State, and Local employment laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products with strong experience with Excel preferred.
- PHR and/or SPHR preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
Full discretionary authority to assign work to recruitment staff. Works independently to deliver work products against aggressive deadlines. Escalates complex issues to Vice President Human Resources as appropriate.DISCRETION EXERCISED:
Incumbent will be expected to work with a wide degree of creativity and latitude while navigating through ambiguous situations to meet goals and objectives. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.LIAISES WITH:
Employees and management at all levels across the entire organization as well as vendors, contractors, and consultants.ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES:
- Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years of age or older at time of application.
- Able to provide proof of US Person Status
- No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within
seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
- Able to travel up to 15% of time as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toes shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards. Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands. Able to utilize adequate visual skills.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee occasionally encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in portions the work environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB.SAFETY
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
This job has expired.