We're looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Alteryx has experienced tremendous growth over the last decade. We enable over 7,500 customers globally. The value engineering team is designed to support our sales approach of land and expand, primarily enabling the largest expansions in the company. We partner with our sales team and our customers to identify the value that is being delivered, and the value opportunity, and partner with the customer to create deliverables that communicate that value to their stakeholders.
What We're Looking For
Alteryx is looking for a talented, creative and experienced Leader who can understand and articulate the value of the Alteryx Analytic Automation Platform to help drive a strategic go-to-market focused value selling and delivery function. In this role, you will work closely to lead the VE strategy with the strategic and enterprise sales groups on the largest and most complex deals to quantify business value, produce C-level materials to justify customer investments in the Alteryx platform, identify high value use-cases, and deliver value workshops.
You must possess an inquisitive, visionary mindset, be able to hold in-depth value-oriented conversations with CXOs and line-of-business (LOB) leaders.
In this role, you will collaborate with the Global VE organization, Account Executives, Presales, Customer Success and Marketing to establish a shared vision with our customers and help them achieve their strategic goals. The Director of Value Engineering will oversee a global team and will work to identify, document, and communicate the comprehensive impact that Analytic Process Automation has on an organization. This position can be remote.
- Conduct value discovery sessions with Alteryx prospects & customers. Capture customer objectives and ensure outcomes are documented to demonstrate quantifiable business value related to Alteryx solutions.
- Lead strategic customer-facing engagements and workshops to understand business objectives, strategic IT trends and desired outcomes.
- Provide thought leadership and expertise on business value throughout the process to help accelerate the sales cycle
- Collaborate with Sales Readiness to establish and provide enablement training on how the Global field sales team can leverage VE content, collateral, and playbooks.
- Provide oversight and ownership of value engineering collateral creation including industry primers, vertical playbooks, executive interview guides, TCO calculators, etc. Work closely with other value engineers, presales engineers, and customer success to contribute to analytical models and findings.
- Maintain a high speed of delivery across multiple customer-facing and internal initiatives
- Assist in the production and delivery of executive-level presentations in the field.
- Coach Value Engineering and the sales team on key enterprise value levers and how to incorporate such concepts into their messaging
- Collaborate with Alteryx Marketing to bring marketing messages into sales campaigns. Advise marketing of types and frequency of business issues you encounter in the field to better focus Alteryx marketing messages.
- Expect up to 25% travel when business travel resumes
- 3-5 years leading a VE organization in the Software industry preferably with hands-on professional experience in value engineering, pre-sales value consulting, and/or management consulting. MBA preferred.
- Leadership skills and ability to influence the executive team and their direct reports cross-functionally
- Solid quantitative modeling and business case creation skills that balance thoughtful analysis with timely responsiveness
- High energy, self-starter who can deal with ambiguity and is comfortable owning and executing initiatives
- Domain understanding of the Analytics, Data Science and Enterprise SaaS space
- Experience enabling a self-service value engineering approach with the sales team
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here
This job has expired.