Wood is currently recruiting for a Document Controller who will be responsible for helping to transfer existing electronic and paper documents into a new document control system and then to maintain that documentation for equipment and systems in an active chemical plant. Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
You will be responsible for supporting a group of professionals in an active chemical manufacturing plant as part of that plant's operations group.
- Review both electronic and paper documents to understand which is the current version.
- Convert paper documents to electronic format by scanning these documents.
- Check-In all documents into the new document control system.
- Check out drawings from Document Management database to internal and external contractors.
- Verify most current revisions and perform searches in multiple locations.
- Assign drawing, equipment and line numbers using various systems.
- Pull reports for auditing purposes to authenticate most current drawings.
- Update drawing records for migration to storage.
- Assist with checking, copying, and distributing of drawing packages.
- Archive electronic and manual drawings.
- Scan manual drawings.
- Assist with issuing client's standards and installation detail drawings.
This job has expired.
- 5+ years' experience doing document control or document management.
- Experience managing documents for an engineering firm or in the chemicals or oil and gas industry preferred, will consider other backgrounds on a case-by-case basis.
- Knowledgeable in managing and controlling access to paper and electronic drawings and other documents.
- Experience managing CAD files a plus.
- Experience with ProjectWise software a plus.