About WEG Electric Corp.
WEG is the largest industrial electric motor manufacturer in the Americas and one of the largest manufacturers of electric motors in the world producing more than 21 million units annually. Founded in 1961, WEG operates mainly in the sector of capital goods, having five main businesses: Motors, Energy, Automation, Coatings Transmission & Distribution, providing global solutions for electric motors, variable frequency drives, soft starters, controls, panels, transformers, and generators. The US corporate office is located in Duluth, GA with manufacturing units in Minnesota, Indiana and Missouri with over 30 thousand employees worldwide. Visit our website to learn more: www.weg.net
About the role:
WEG Electric Corp. has a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Bluffton, IN. This role is responsible for electric motor design, applications, specifications, technical support, and customer interaction.
- Develop, design and test new electric motors to meet customer specifications.
- Provide key customer support for existing products.
- Frequent communication with customers on new developments.
- Evaluate existing motor designs to improve the manufacture-ability of the motor.
- Provide technical support to other functional areas as needed.
- Work with Lab technicians on testing requirements.
- Develop designs per Agency requirements.
- Work with ME, BOM technicians .
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge / training:
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant experience.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of power converters and electric systems.
- Understanding of AC motor designs.
- Familiarity with electrical and safety standards on AC motors and components.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Six Sigma or Lean project leadership experience.
- 5 Years Electric motor design experience, 10 yrs. preferred.
- Electrical component selection and specification.
- Testing of electrical motors, applications and components.
- Working in an engineering environment and assessing non-conformities both from the factory/ in the field.
We offer a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and full benefits package. To Apply: All candidates must submit an updated resume and complete our application in order to be considered for this position.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
This job has expired.