This positions is responsible for the maintenance all electrical and communications systems throughout the property. This includes but not limited to : wiring, electrical fixtures, electric motors, motor controls, variable frequency drives, soft starters, programmable logic controls, pumps, lighting, generators and all levels of electrical distribution, transformers, and inverters. How You'll Make A Difference:
We're Looking For:
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools. Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment such as motors, etc.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and repair/correct the problem. Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Connect wires to panels, transformers, or other components. Install conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes per NEC and job scope/specifications.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Meets Cedar Fair's attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair's attendance policies.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair's Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has expired.
- 3 - 5 Years Related Experience
At Least 18 Years of Age
Must have at least 5 years of commercial or industrial electrical experience.
Knowledge of state and local building regulations based on the National Electric Code. Must know NEC for conducting all electrical work
Must be able to work from ladders, lifts, and platforms to a height of 100 feet.
Must be able to read electrical schematics, charts, diagrams, and blue prints. Must be able to identify electrical wires by color.
Complex Problem Solving Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and
Ability to work a rotating schedule that include early mornings, nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV,
previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial
Valid state Driver's License