A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This position is a short-term turnaround assignment to support the stabilization of our recently acquired site in Indianapolis, IN. This position reports to the Indianapolis Control Tower (Program Manager) with a dotted line to the site head, responsible for monitoring site action plans. In this capacity, you will be responsible for identifying and implementing plans to improve the overall engagement level at the site during this period of integration, significant scaling and change.
Who You Are:
The primary responsibility of the Employee Engagement Specialist is to lead the coordination, delivery, and measurement of various employee engagement programs by developing and implementing an engagement strategy with clear actions for leadership to endorse. This role is responsible for creating an immediate, positive impact on the organizational culture while long-term helping site people leaders develop the required knowledge, capabilities and mindset to absorb and incorporate this work into their day-to-day responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assess and identify gaps and barriers to engagement via various methods, e.g., surveys, focus groups, interviews
- Collaboration across cross-functional teams and partners to identify actions to address gaps and barriers
- Accelerate site integration by amplifying communications, and driving adoption of high-impact culture and MilliporeSigma learning opportunities
- Regularly collect and interpret data for program evaluation and improvement
- Assist Managers to develop plans and effectively execute employee engagement actions through one-on-one meetings with employees, focus groups, workshops, or other methods.
- Evaluate the company's culture and climate to make recommendations on improving employee satisfaction, engagement, and retention.
- Act as sponsor for the Activities Committee to continue current programs while making recommendations for additional programs or changes to current programs.
- Act as an ambassador through the integration to the global Millipore Sigma organization.
- Help train, develop and empower and motivate people leaders of the organization to absorb engagement responsibilities into their people leader responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Communications, or related field required
- 3+ years of relevant experience (preferably in Human Resources, Training and/or Leadership)
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of MilliporeSigma people and organizational resources, tools, frameworks and performance expectations
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite required
- Ability to work at Indianapolis, IN site for min 4 days per week
What we offer:
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, with ability to engage with leaders at all levels within the organization
- Highly driven, self-starter with proven track record of being able to work independently
- Change agent with skill and comfort managing conflict
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company's COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.