If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The department of Facilities has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Energy Technician to work at the UHealth Campus. The Energy Technician maintains building automation controls and related computer systems, and provides recommendations for ways to improve efficiency. Additionally, the Energy Technician serves as liaison to vendors, contractors, software consultants, staff, and other departments to facilitate the smooth management of energy systems and resources. This position will also be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the departments computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.Minimum Qualifications
- Performs routine building inspection and takes corrective action.
- Generates scheduling and project status reports.
- Produces percentage charts and graphs showing alarm status, response time, and monthly count for all work orders and construction projects.
- Analyzes, monitors, and evaluates the operation of software.
- Operates and maintains equipment.
- Manages vendors, develops competitive bids, and provides vendor recommendations.
- Conducts regular review and continued development of a comprehensive and effective preventive maintenance program for utility plants, chilled water loop, and all associated equipment.
- Ensures the ongoing cleanliness and maintenance of mechanical rooms and storage facilities.
- Maintains records of jobs performed, departmental charge codes, and hours worked by employees.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Two (2) to Five (5) years of experience in the routine maintenance and repair of building equipment and systems components utilizing several building trade skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.