Your role will provide process engineering support for quality and productivity improvement initiatives, cost reduction activities and environmental improvement efforts.
More specifically, you will:
- Provide technical assistance to the production areas
- Complete process data collection, monitoring and analysis; trial design, execution and evaluation; capital cost justification analysis.
- Support the continuing effectiveness and improvement of our Quality Management, Environmental Management, and Continuous Improvement processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operating problems with existing processes
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering with emphasis in process and/or pulp and paper
- 3+ years process familiarity and experience demonstrating process troubleshooting and analytical problem solving abilities
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
- Sound interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team environment.
- A safety-oriented mindset with the desire to enforce and follow mill safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication abilities, including technical writing, budget preparation and presentations.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, sex (including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), marital status, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
This job has expired.