Job ID: 360683
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The Business Unit Director of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) demonstrates the ability to influence change through effective communication and collaboration providing clear and consistent messages and programs supporting a culture of health, safety and environmental awareness. Primary responsibilities include ensuring compliance with government (local and Federal) environmental, health and safety regulations, implementation of industry standard best practices across multiple sites, and working collaboratively with senior and local management in partnership with the plant based EH&S technicians. The focus of the role is to support and maintain compliance and a culture where employees operate in a healthy, safe and environmentally responsible manner through the utilization of EH&S initiatives, policies, and procedures employing a continuous improvement mindset. This role reports directly to the Business Unit president with dotted line to the Global Environmental, Health, Safety & Sustainability Director.
General Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Experience
- Develop relationships with leadership and employees to ensure EH&S policies and procedures are being applied and followed. Working with site management, shares best practices across the organization.
- Oversees the EH&S Technicians and Coordinators to identify areas of improvement, lead development of local improvement initiatives, and establish EH&S action plans to achieve set objectives and targets.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on environmental, health, safety and sustainability issues at both local and national levels.
- Compile and publish reports as required.
- Advise and support site management/operational staff on all EH&S activities, communicating initiatives, and establishing/updating and disseminating documentation relating to the EH&S management system.
- Champion initiatives, focusing on preventive actions, that identify and communicate facility risk exposure, prioritizing risk reduction needs and ensuring closure of recommendations to reduce risk.
- Develops and implements strategic goals supporting corporate and local EH&S objectives & initiatives.
- Communicates to senior management and leads investigation of safety related accidents or incidents (including near misses) to identify root cause(s) and implementation of effective corrective/preventive actions.
- Monitor and ensure compliance to local, state/providence and federal EH&S regulations throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Maintain all required environmental, safety and health permits.
- Plans and ensures delivery of training programs for regulatory mandated requirements as well as site specific EH&S training.
- Audit the effectiveness, quality, and presenter delivery of all required safety training.
- Ensure routine audits are conducted of facilities and processes to assess and identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Ensure regular risk assessments are conducted on all processes and equipment and recommend appropriate controls when hazards or potential hazards are identified.
- Compile and publish monthly, quarterly and annual reports on site health and safety performance, EH&S issues, regulatory compliance and personnel training.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- Minimum 7 years' experience in an EH&S manager role preferred
- Knowledge of applicable ISO and OHSAS standards
- CSP, CIH, REM, or other nationally recognized certification
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Must be able to work effectively in team environments.
- Must be able to simultaneously manage several objectives and reassign priorities as needed.
- Ability to think strategically and develop strategic plans.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and influence diverse teams.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Aug 3, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Phoenix Job Segment:
Facilities, Engineer, Safety, Environmental Engineering, Manager, Operations, Engineering, Service, Management