Are you passionate about air quality and ready to join an inclusive work environment, committed to leading new ideas and pathways, and to delivering value? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting Full-time career opportunity for you.
Who are we? We are Montrose, a leading environmental services company with 2,500 employees across 75 locations worldwide, focused on supporting clients as they deal with the environmental challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $45,000 - $55,000 annually (Eligible for Overtime pay)
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
Our Mission is: To help protect the air we breathe, the water we drink, and the soil that feeds us, and is supported by our Principles: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive compensation packages
- Industry leading benefits packages including company paid life and disability insurance
- Paid parental leave benefits
- Progressive vacation policies and company holidays including floating holidays to meet the diverse needs of our people.
- 401(k) plan and competitive match offered
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- An educational reimbursement program
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
The Fugitive Emission (FE) team is responsible for performing inspections on various types of facilities in the Oil and Gas Industry to identify and quantify hydrocarbon gas leaks and vents. A normal technician schedule averages 180 total days of work per year (including travel).
IDEAL CANDIDATES will have an intimate understanding of oil and gas field operations (experience working in an O&G facility would be a definite asset) and have experience in performing hydrocarbon fugitive emission and /or leak detection projects. Our US offices are located in Denver, CO, Houston, TX and Pittsburgh, PA; however, this opportunity is a 100% field position and will require extensive travel throughout the USA. This position will focus on our clients in the USA (EPA Subpart VV, VVa, KKK, OOOO, OOOOa, and W compliance) but may also require occasional travel to work on projects in Canada or other international locations. The FE Technician will report to the FE Team Lead. The successful candidate will be required to take a number of safety training courses prior to initiating any field activities (CPR/1St Aid, H2S Alive, WHIMIS/TDG, Fall Protection etc.). Any candidates that already have valid training tickets will be given preference. This position includes a comprehensive safety and technical training program (both field and office based). This position offers a unique opportunity to join a successful Environmental Engineering firm and work with a industry leading technologies used to detect and measure methane gas emissions.
As a key member of the Fugitive Emission (FE) team, this role will be responsible for a full range of activities including:
- Assisting in coordinating and navigating to various facilities with maps and GPS
- Helping to calibrate and maintain equipment
- Using various detection and measurement technologies under the supervision of the Team Lead
- Collecting and recording emission data
- Preparing field reports as required
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Understanding of EPA Subpart VV, VVa, KKK, OOOO, OOOOa, and W Fugitive Emission Monitoring requirements
- Knowledge/Experience on US EPA and ASTM stack testing methodologies is an asset
- Experience in Oil and Gas industry (preference given to candidates with natural gas processing/transmission facility experience)
- Effective computer skills (Excel and Microsoft Office are essential) and proficiency with Android OS
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts (days only)
- Ability to walk and/or stand while handling/carrying various technical equipment for extended periods of time
- Comfortable occasionally working at heights in a safe manner
- Willingness to travel
- Valid driver's license
- Preference will be given to candidates with an Associates or Bachelors Degree in engineering technology or applicable technical degree/diploma; related work experience in hydrocarbon detection and measurement, LDAR, instrumentation or stack emission testing or a mechanical background are also preferred, but not required.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is strongly preferred. All employees will be subject to policies and procedures of the Company that may be dependent on vaccination status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or email@example.com for assistance.MAKE THE MOVE
From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical design, engineering and operational solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.We are a fast-paced and dynamic team. At Montrose, you are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we'd love to speak with you.
Want to know more about us? Visit montrose-env.com and have fun!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Montrose is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Montrose is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its employment for individuals with disabilities.
This job has expired.