If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Equipment Management Technician (U) receives, distributes, and decontaminates inventory items, in addition to assisting with restocking the department and delivering supplies/equipment to the assigned area/s.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities, as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Checks expiration dates/maintenance due dates on supplies/equipment in inventory and rotates supplies/equipment.
- Decontaminates equipment according to manufacture recommendations while utilizing approved PPE as appropriate.
- Reroutes equipment to clinical engineering if functional test fails and/or if equipment is noticeably broken.
- Assists in the unloading and unpacking of inventory items as they are received.
- Notifies the appropriate managing staff of any issues, such as overstocking and discrepancies.
- Responsible for printing and placement of patient charge labels on all patient chargeable items before re-stocking the department.
- Maintains movable medical equipment on specified floors and departments.
- Fills tickets and requisitions, delivers supplies/equipment to appropriate location in a timely manner.
- Assures that supplies are charged appropriately on the day of delivery.
- Ensures that receiving and order paperwork is accurate and preserved appropriately.
- Assist with annual and cycle count events as directed by the Equipment Manager.
- Ensures that all work areas and storage areas are maintained in a safe and proper appearance.
- Complies with all written policies and procedures of Supply Chain.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High School diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
Minimum 1 year of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.