As a delegate for the CFO on key Finance strategic projects and initiatives, the Executive Director, Finance Strategic Planning and Initiatives is a leader of leaders on the Finance Leadership Team with broad responsibilities related to the financial support for Business Development and Alliance Management, Enterprise Project Finance, Executive Reporting, creation of the Mid to Long-Term Plan (MLTP), Management Reporting and Decision Support, McQuade Center of Scientific Research and Development, LLC. (MSRD) Financial Support, Digital Therapeutics. This role will be a focal point for the Finance organization in terms of synthesizing efforts across the enterprise and ensuring Finance is providing the right level of support and influence to the organization on emerging areas with high impact to the future business needs.
The Executive Director, Finance Strategic Planning and Initiatives brings together and leads a team of approximately 12 experienced finance professionals with responsibility for the following areas:
Finance Business Development and Alliance Management
Executive Reporting & MLTP
- Works with Senior leadership in support of financial analysis and contract development for Business Development activities
- Partners cross-functionally with Alliance Management and Functional teams to develop and implement highly efficient, effective, and well controlled Financial Management processes related to Collaborations and other Business Development activities
Management Reporting and Decision Support
- Generates value added analytics and insights, responsible for preparation of executive level presentations of results and forecasts on recurring and ad hoc basis
- Responsible for development and creation of the BoD materials for quarterly OAPI / OPDC Board meetings
- Designs, develops, and oversees implementation of the Management Reporting and Financial Systems strategy. Further designs and assesses business capabilities and a roadmap for the organization in partnership with the CFO, CIO, FLT and D&A teams
- Accountable for the processes and systems used to collect, consolidate, and report relevant financial and supporting data during expense planning and forecasting cycles as well as views on the actual performance against these plans and forecasts
Finance Enterprise Project Leader
- In addition, the role will also support pre-clinical business development initiatives, including financial analyses of opportunities, monitoring, and tracking of commitments and spend, and working closely with US Controllers team on accounting treatment
MSRD Financial Support
- Finance lead for driving enterprise project portfolio alignment, optimization, and value initiatives across the organization; supports strategic and operational needs to drive maximum value creation from prioritization efforts (including continuous enhancements and improvements)
- Provides Finance perspective and council to cross-functional teams as they deliver enterprise level results and outcomes
- Acts as the Financial Business Partner for EVP, Chief Strategic Officer on the strategic early-stage investments targeted by the MSRD entity; provides financial support for key strategic decisions as well as oversight on the delivery of financial analysis of transactions and management of budgets, forecasts, and actual vs forecast analysis.
- Acts as the Financial Business Partner for the VP, Digital Business Unit on this complex and critical capability; provides financial support for key strategic decisions as well as oversight on the delivery of financial analysis of transactions and management of budgets, forecasts, and actual vs forecast analysis.
Skills and Experience
- Robust knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, business operations and related key financial processes and reporting needs
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with Pharmaceutical Business Development activities, financial modeling, and consideration of financial implications.
- Deep understanding of financial planning and reporting and how-to best leverage systems to optimize planning and reporting processes (minimizing effort / maximizing capabilities).
- Understands accounting and financial controls, able to balance reporting flexibility with appropriate controls and accounting frameworks (IFRS / J-SOX)
- Minimum of 15+ years diverse Finance experience including FP&A, Accounting & leading Strategic Projects as well as 5+ years leading significant financial projects
- Strategic thinker able to anticipate trends, understand implication and create actionable plans to prepare for future needs
- Executive presence and influence, demonstrated ability to tell a story and influence the direction of the organization including at the most senior levels of the organization
- Outstanding communication skills, ability to speak to the business and simplify complex technical reporting aspects into concepts the business can understand, assess, and ultimately use to make decisions
- Strong customer service focus and ability to think, plan and act at the enterprise versus functional level
- Specific experience in leading large, complex enterprise projects and supporting Senior Leadership on development of the strategy, management of risks and issues and the execution and delivery of the projects
- Demonstrated ability to work across the enterprise and with partners in the development and deployment of processes and systems to support the financial flows of complex collaborations
- Significant experience with reporting and analysis for executives with ability to create effective and impactful presentations of financial data for the VP+ community
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills, with various levels of the organization (both within and outside of Finance)
- Superior analytical skills, able to rapidly understand and synthesize disparate data into meaningful information to support critical business decisions
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and development/commercialization of new drugs.
Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting, advanced degree (MBA/MS) or CPA strongly preferred.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.