Relocation assistance available!
The Home for Little Wanderers Adoption Program seeks a Family Resource Support Specialist for their Dorchester office.
At the heart of The Home For Little Wanderers' programs is an unwavering commitment to permanency. Permanency means that every child has a caring adult in their life who remains in their life. Permanency provides a child with a legal and emotional connection to a family, however "family" may be defined.
How You'll Be Making A Difference
- Prepare families for the adoption process by counseling them before, during and after the adoption takes place.
- Prepare prospective adopting families for the adoption process by conducting trainings; workshops (MAPP), home studies and assisting with documentation preparation.
- Assist families in adopting domestically by providing such services as: case management, matching, transition planning, placement, post-placement and legalization services.
- Conduct child assessments and child-specific recruitment.
What The Home Can Offer You
- Master's degree in social work, mental health or related discipline LCSW eligible preferred. LSW may be considered.
- LCSW or equivalent eligible with ability to obtain licensure within 90 days of hire and/or already licensed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Department of Children and Families and other local child welfare agencies.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office and video conferencing with the ability to learn new software applications.
- In addition to the chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of countless youth, The Home for Little Wanderers offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including:
Physical and Additional Requirements
- Extensive training to new staff
- Generous time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health and Dental Insurance available upon hire
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer match
- Long-term Disability and Short-term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- And more!
- Must have vehicle and driver's license to attend home visits.
- Use of agency-issued laptops (or equivalent mobile computer).
- Standard work such as typing and telephone work.
- Some evening and weekend work should be expected.
We are committed to excellence in diversity, equity, and inclusion, while simultaneously creating a culture that supports those values. We believe the differences we bring enhance our ability to provide exceptional service and care to diverse children, families, and communities. Moreover, diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging align with our values and our mission to help vulnerable children and their families build permanent, positive change.
This job has expired.