At DT Midstream, we've got the energy to achieve great things! DT Midstream owns and operates a diverse, integrated portfolio of midstream pipeline, storage and gathering assets, allowing us to provide a comprehensive set of midstream services to our customers across the Southern, Northeastern and Midwestern United States and into Canada. Our newly independent public company is an energy industry leader with more than 20 years of proven success as part of DTE Energy and our focus is to be safe, caring, dependable and efficient in all we do.
As Field Controls Technician II, you will provide support to the operational unit by facilitating safe approaches associated with installation, repair & maintenance tasks relative to all types of control, measurement, instrumentation and electrical components.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Implements safe work practices and a proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, the public, and the environment at all times.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements are met and continually monitored. The regulations include but are not limited to the Department of Transportation, Railroad Commission, and Operator Qualification Plans.
- Have a basic to intermediate knowledge of the following necessary to install, repair, maintain in addition to possessing a basic aptitude for trouble-shooting associated components:
- Dehy and compressor station controls
- Electronic flow meters (orifice and ultra-sonic measurement) and relative equipment
- Pressure, flow and temperature indicating equipment
- Compressor building safety equipment (fire and gas sensing equipment)
- Programmable logic computers
- Gas chromatograph and moisture analyzing equipment
- Remote valve controls and logic
- Gas odorizing equipment.
- Uninterruptible power-supply systems
- Satellite and cellular communications and networking
- Emergency generator controls
- Cathodic protection rectifier operations
- Heat trace systems
Other Qualifications Preferred:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of relevant experience or equivalent technical education
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Associate’s Degree
- Technical Education
- Mechanical aptitude
- Obtain all beginning OQ tasks within 6 months
- Emergency Response base level understanding
- High integrity and self-motivated
- Excellent vehicle driving record
- Basic computer skills
- Good communication, problem solving and physical perceptive skills
- Must be able to work and perform without close supervision
- Team player
The physical demands characterized in the attached essential and marginal job functions epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms
- The employee is required to reach with hands and arms above his head as well as stoop and kneel to reach items below his normal reach
- The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use sense of smell
- Performs minor maintenance as necessary with medium to heavy lifting requirements
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus
- On the spot decision making required in stressful situations
This job has expired.
- Works unsupervised in field operations and works alone 90% of the time
- Works in all types of weather
- Available 24 hours per day for on-call and emergency situations
- Must be able to remain calm and focused during emergency situations
- Requires excellent driving skills and driving record
- Frequently be exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- Work in high, precarious places
- Work near toxic or caustic chemicals
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration
- The noise level in the work environment may be above 90 dB