Field Service Technician - Forklift and Automation
Worcester, MA and surrounding area
OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR GREATEST ASSET
Do you have prior experience working as a forklift technician, or have skills similar to an auto mechanic, diesel, marine, aviation, conveyor, heavy equipment or other electro-mechanical technician? Want to learn to work on electric vehicles and automated equipment? Do you seek independent work, but want backup and support from a talented team of experts when things get challenging? If so, we are looking for you!
Abel Womack knows that great culture attracts great talent, and ensures success for our customers, so we work hard to make sure this is the place where you want to work. For more than 100 years, we've strived to create an organization that is Best in Class, both in terms of the expertise we provide to our customers, as well as the programs and care we provide to our team members, so they know their contributions are highly valued. We offer competitive pay, big-company benefits, but a small team structure that ensures you never feel like a "number" and can be successful in reaching your goals.
Our Field Service Technicians install, maintain and repair Raymond battery-powered lift trucks, warehouse storage systems, conveyors, carousels, and other automated material handling equipment. You'll have a company-issued vehicle, plenty of training, well-supported independence in your territory, and since we're a well-established industry leader, an opportunity to build a great career!
- Travel within an established territory to perform Installation, maintenance and repair of Raymond battery-powered lift trucks, warehouse storage systems, conveyors, carousels, and other automated material handling equipment.
- Communicate directly with customers to identify and resolve their warehouse equipment challenges
- Demonstrated mechanical and technical talent will lead to further development of skills and greater variety of equipment training
Reasons you'll love this job:
- Ability to effectively evaluate mechanical and/or electrical equipment, recommend and perform appropriate, cost-effective, quality repairs and maintenance, required
- Working knowledge of electrical fuel systems, sensor technology, hydraulics, PLC's and/or charging systems, a plus
- Must be able to read schematics, maps, blueprints and manuals
- Ability to communicate regularly by phone and in person with team members, parts representatives, technical specialists, dispatch, lead service techs, and customers, required
- Must exhibit a professional demeanor and promote goodwill between the Company and customers by providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to submit electronic work orders efficiently and accurately using company- provided tablet, required
- Must own a set of basic mechanic's tools. Specialty tools will be provided.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record, required.
- Must be able to lift heavy mechanical components (50 lbs.) on a regular basis
- Straight, competitive hourly pay - no flat rate!
- Overtime generally available
- Technicians work independently but have the support of a team for challenging repairs
- Technicians travel within a defined territory in a company provided service van
- Nationally recognized technical training and certifications are available
- Affordable and comprehensive Health/Dental/Vision plans
- 401k with company match
Our tagline is discover the difference
, because of our unique capabilities and philosophy. Come join our team and see how you can be the difference
To learn more about our culture, benefits and other important details about what it's like to work at Abel Womack, click here:
www.abelwomack.comcareersABEL WOMACK, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Veterans encouraged to apply
This job has expired.