This position is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting financial information including revenues, expenses, trends and/or program profitability by division, customer, or product segments. This role is also responsible for preparing financial analysis and modeling that supports prospective business decisions. This position may lead or work with a team (within the department or across multiple departments) to complete assigned projects.
Department Specific-This position would primarily perform billing operation functions. This would consist of member outreach, various reconciliations and responding to inquiries from customers.
- Oversees decision support oriented financial reporting for a division, customer or segment that may include linking financial information from various sources to provide meaningful financial reports or to assure appropriate data reconciliation. Financial data may include claims data, general ledger transaction activity, settlement activity, membership, billing and revenue activity, and audit findings.
- Prepares and publishes various financial reports and/or statements for management outside the department and/or parties' external to the Company (e.g. auditors, customers, providers,).
- Identifies, based on information in financial reports, areas where additional analysis is needed and investigates these issues independently.
- May review financial information prepared by other financial staff members and customers for accuracy and completeness. Information may include budgets, business cases, impact studies, audit findings. Edits, corrects and revises as appropriate.
- Drafts policies and procedures for department and/or division to help assure clarity in department and/or divisional practices and adequate internal controls.
- Interfaces with various departments, senior management and individuals' external to the Company. Represents leadership staff at meetings in their absence.
- Responsible for assignments that frequently involves strict deadlines.
- May have staff assigned to them as it relates to project work.
- Assists with special projects and any other duties or assignments as requested by management.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EDUCATION:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field or the equivalent in relevant coursework and experience. CPA or master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred. EXPERIENCE:
Six years' experience in related field with extensive background in financial analysis and reporting (internal/ external). Experience in leading projects, coordinating efforts that involve other people and demonstrated leadership skills. Experience in healthcare or insurance industry is considered a plus. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively convey financial information to financial and non-financial individuals.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, and the ability to identify and analyze accounting and business issues
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite and Access skills are required.
- Strong human relations, and decision-making skills required.
- Excellent project management and leadership skills required.
- General knowledge of Oracle Cloud / Fusion or similar general ledger system
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage preferred
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of IkaSystems preferred
- Account reconciliation knowledge required
- Preparation of journal entries experience preferred
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.