Perform high-quality customer service experience on a concierge prescription delivery team via telephone or messaging system.
Mercy Health Pharmacy Technician Summary
Under the direction of a Registered Pharmacist, assists Pharmacists in preparing and distributing medications, maintaining the drug inventory, and maintaining patient records. Provides courteous, cooperative, and timely service to patients, visitors and staff.
What the Pharmacy Technician will need:
What the Pharmacy technician will do:
- Minimum High school education or equivalent.
- Preferred Completion of a formal Pharmacy Technician training program; or two years of college with emphasis in math, science, or medical field applications.
- Minimum Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in the State of Michigan.
- Preferred Active status as a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Minimum Two years of pharmacy work experience.
- Looking for a reliable, friendly, detail-oriented person to join our Prescription Delivery team.
- Demonstrates culture competency in interpersonal behaviors.
- Demonstrates passion for customer service and understands the needs and behaviors of patients may vary between patients.
- Acts as patient advocate and provides individual support for patients to make the prescription filling process easy.
- Completes patient refill calls.
- Schedules medication deliveries.
- Collects payment information.
- Routinely monitors prescription fill patterns for patients in the Prescription Home Delivery program to ensure ongoing medication compliance and follows up with clinical pharmacist when a patient exhibit patterns of non-compliance.
- Functions as a respectful member of pharmacy and clinic team and views role as collaborative, between pharmacy and clinic, rather than exclusive to either department.
- Routes clinical questions to the clinical pharmacist and/or provider for follow-up.
**Note: This position will be based out of the pharmacy and/or Diabetes and Endocrine Clinic and will not be responsible for delivering prescriptions to the requested addresses. **
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Prepares, packages, and distributes medication orders per physician request, pharmacist request, or prearranged work assignment according to established policies, procedures and protocols.
- Maintains adequate stock of medications and supplies according to established policies and procedures.
- Contributes to effective and quality operation of the department.
- Maintains logs, records, and other required files and documentation; answers telephone and pneumatic tube; and handles cash transactions.
- Prepares IV admixtures and other sterile products.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.