While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, climb steps, walk, use hands, talk and hear for up to twelve (12) hours per day. The employee must be able to lift, push, and pull 50 or more lbs periodically during the day. The employee must have medical clearance to wear a respirator and be able to drive a forklift. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Galvanizer Operator will be reporting directly to the Production Supervisor of National Standard at the Niles, Michigan location. In this position, you will be helping to galvanize various sizes of wire as directed.
- Initiate known work duties and/or receive instructions from supervisor.
- Start wire through the various process lead pans and strings through take up.
- Sink wire into lead and zinc pans and inspect finished product.
- Skim zinc pans periodically.
- Check machines and equipment for operating conditions as required.
- Use hand tools to perform various wire functions as required.
- Repair wire breaks using a welder.
- Move finished material to and from various locations by use of forklift.
- Perform minor machine repairs.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Complete paperwork accurately.
- Complete necessary entries on manufacturing data entry system.
- Maintain proper quality standards.
- Observe all safety rules.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Must be able to drive a forklift.
- Prior manufacturing experience required.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands, talk and hear for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull 50 or more pounds.
- Must be able to wear a respirator.
This job has expired.
Innovation Focus - Confident ability to drive change and express and advocate for new ideas and ways of doing things. Willingness to take appropriate business risks, recognizing that to succeed overall, one will occasionally fail.
Communication Skills - Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively deliver and reinforce consistent messages at all levels. Excellent listening skills.