Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
What we need:
Performs general maintenance, service, and repairs to equipment and machinery including facilities. Proactively identifies unsafe working or building conditions and takes corrective action or immediately informs management or the appropriate department for action, when higher skilled technical services is required. Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company safety guidelines and operating procedures. May perform the most basic building and grounds repairs.
What you'll do:
- Primary duty and responsibility are to perform minor building repairs such as electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry, etc. and to assists with maintenance of heating, air conditioning, ventilation, and other building operations. Applies skill, experience, and general knowledge to a wide range of tasks to adjust, repair, disassemble, replace, reassemble, and maintain equipment or facilities.
- Responds to work orders and performs scheduled preventative maintenance routines and inspections. Assists senior team members, vendors, or contactors to trouble shoot and diagnose equipment and systems for emergency repair.
- Performs any combination of the following duties:
- Maintains inventory of supplies, ordering supplies as needed.
- Cleans outside of the facility and may occasionally perform basic landscaping duties that includes, cutting the grass, hedges, and shrubs, operating sprinkler, raking leaves, shoveling show (where applicable), etc.
- Setup of meeting rooms and facilities according to plans specified by the user; this includes pick-up, delivery, and setup of furniture and other equipment required.
- Responsible for the immediate break down and cleanup of facilities after each event to ensure readiness for impromptu meetings as they arise.
- Operates and performs basic preventative maintenance on custodial cleaning and landscaping tools and equipment
- Assists in securing buildings.
- Performs building and grounds repairs, this includes but is not limited to removal and replacement of basic fixtures such as light bulbs, building air filters, windowpanes, patching small holes, painting.
What you have:
- Stays informed of applicable OSHA and company guidelines and operating procedures, and proactively identifies unsafe working or building conditions and takes corrective action or immediately informs management, when higher skilled technical services is required. Promptly responds to maintenance and other custodial emergencies.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and completes requisition for supplies as needed. Ensures dangerous solvents and other cleaning aids are stored in accordance with manufacturer's guidance and its distribution controlled.
- Maintains work order or services request logs and other basic reports that reflect inventory and department activity.
- Ensures compliance to all company and regulatory safety and environmental guidelines and practices to include wearing the appropriate safety garments, using the appropriate tools and equipment, and exercising the required safety behaviors for the task at hand.
- Due to work assignments may be required to drive to different work sites and/or perform courier services as needed.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or GED equivalency required.
- Experience performing job specific general maintenance duties that includes experience in maintenance of mechanical and low voltage electrical equipment.
- Basic working knowledge of applicable building electrical, plumbing, HVAC system, boilers, generators, etc. and proficient using all applicable tools and equipment.
- Experience operating a forklift may be required.
- Possess a technical aptitude to read and understand technical documents and instructions such as blueprints, manufacturing and installation instruction sheets, etc.
- Reads and writes in standard English and proficient performing basic math calculations such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, including fractions and decimals.
- Ability to operate and perform preventative maintenance on assigned department equipment, machinery, tools, etc.
- Successful completion of all required on the job training.
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- May be required to use PC and other department specific database systems.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
#LI-NT1Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.