Job Title: General Warehouse Department: Production
Reports to: Production Supervisor FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Summary : Pick and pack book orders according to specifications by performing the following duties.
Essential Functions : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Checks and adjusts headset and handheld device.
- Logs into the handheld device.
- Changes zones when necessary.
- Picks following "Jennifer's" directions to grab number and quantity.
- Follow safety rules for personal safety and the safety of others; including maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Must be able to take verbal directions and communicate with team members in a team environment.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required as work cannot be performed remotely.
Non-Essential Functions :
- Identify visually by inspecting books for damaged product and place in designated area.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed or requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-3 months of order filling experience preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
Physical Requirements : The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours in a day.
- Must be able to walk up to 6 hours.
- Will continuously reach up and out.
- Will occasionally climb.
- Will occasionally push/pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally push/pull up to 40 pounds.
- Will frequently lift up to 10 pounds.
- Will occasionally have repetitive foot movement.
- Will frequently have repetitive hand/arm movements for simple reaching, simple and firm grasping, and/or fine hand manipulation.
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms.
- Employee must be able to wear gloves occasionally.
Language Skills :
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences well both written and verbally, in English.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between a series of numbers.
- Must be proficient in mathematics
- Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work performed is in a factory environment
- The employee is frequently exposed to vibrations and dust and will be working around moving machinery
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment
Employee Signature Date
ReaderLink is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
This job has expired.