Associate Director, Global Oncology Träning, Haematology
Embrace the varied opportunities, in a globally connected team, to work on intellectually stimulating challenges and gain transferable skills. We're invested in supporting your development with access to great tools, smart people to learn from and the opportunity to experience multiple careers. And you'll be rewarded for your progression and contribution to the business.
Play a role in powering AstraZeneca and helping all of us to fulfil our ambitions. As valued partners across the enterprise, we provide the platform for excellence and performance to happen. We draw on our network of diverse minds, harnessing our unique views and ideas to improve how we run. It means every day we power ourselves and others to focus on important and impactful work.
The AstraZeneca Gaithersburg campus is located in Montgomery County, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, D.C. While Gaithersburg is part of a regional high technology corridor, the city has preserved its small-town appeal with smart urban development and planned communities like Kentlands and Lakelands (across the street from the core campus), and Crown Farm, all of which are walkable communities serviced by an array of public transportation options. Part of this thriving community, the Gaithersburg campus is surrounded by residential neighbourhoods, schools, retail and restaurants, and is easily accessible with a variety of transportation options.
AstraZeneca is at home in this Sustainable Maryland Certified City and share Gaithersburg's commitment to environmental stewardship. The site offers options that simplify and facilitate sustainable transportation choices, making it easier for our employees and visitors to reach the campus and its surrounds. Gaithersburg is served by three large airports and is accessible to the Washington Area Metro system which includes rail and bus service.
- Works directly with internal global stakeholders, including training managers, global brand leads and US leads to understand current and future learning needs of the business.
- Establishes strong cross-functional relationships across the product, marketing, and existing internal training teams to develop a scalable global training program that meets launch and life cycle management goals of key global customers.
- Leads the identification, deployment, and promotion of the most effective and innovative practices across the department and globe; including launches.
- Leads teams to evaluate program metrics as a means of determining training impact in areas for growth and of success.
- Supports team members to achieve a customer-focused and performance-driven culture that supports Innovation, simplification, measurement, and excellence in learning development and delivery.
- Identifies best practices in early markets and cultivates an environment of best practice sharing for the benefit of subsequent launch markets
- Creates synergies across the teams to create cost savings collaboration and to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
- 5+ years of a blend of pharmaceutical/biotech/oncology experience
- Demonstrated competency in working with/collaborating with medical learning & development and science liaison teams
- Ability to understand brand strategy and related strategic imperatives and develop learning that clearly conveys and pulls-through that strategy at the field level
- Ability to effectively lead in a cross-functional and virtual team environment, providing direction and guidance to team members with varied and complementary responsibilities.
- Advanced degree in medical, pharmaceutical, or life sciences or a related field or equivalent
- 3+ years of Oncology experience
- 3+ years of a blend of pharmaceutical sales, sales management and/or training experience
- Knowledge of instructional systems design preferred
- Experience working with/in global (ex-US) markets
- Working knowledge of information/technology systems that support learning and development initiatives
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.So, what 's next!
If you 're curious to know more them please reach out to Michael Fulginiti (Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org). We welcome with your application!Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.