ABOUT THIS ASSOCIATE:
Fairfield Residential properties are known for our visible and available on-site staff that keep our residents loving where they live. Our Groundskeepers are essential team members that maintain the overall curb appeal of our apartment communities.
To keep our properties looking great, the Groundskeeper uses their eye for detail to create and maintain a clean and welcoming environment. This role provides ample opportunity to enjoy working in the fresh air and often experiences customer interactions with our residents. It is therefore essential that our Groundskeepers express a warm and friendly personality as an extension of our commitment to supreme customer service.
This associate takes pride in their work and, in addition to cleanliness, focuses on safety, attractiveness, comfort, and assists in other types of maintenance when necessary. The Groundskeeper reports to the on-site Service Manager and successful associates may be promoted to Service Tech or other leadership position on the Property Management Team.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
- YOU ARE HELPFUL AND APPROACHABLE and enjoy assisting customers and ensuring their happiness.
- YOU NOTICE THE DETAILS and ensure that cleanliness and visual appeal are pursued in all tasks, no matter how small.
- YOU TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR SKILLS and enjoy the positive effect your work has on the lives of others.
- YOU ARE A GOOD COMMUNICATOR that knows when to ask for help, how to contribute to the team, and how to receive feedback and apply it to your work performance.
- YOU ENJOY WORKING INDEPENDENTLY and can be depended upon by colleagues and your supervisor to exceed their expectations.
- YOU KNOW THAT INTEGRITY MATTERS and exhibit a strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and fiduciary responsibility.
- Daily property walks to maintain a well-kept and manicured curb appeal.
- Work independently to remove trash from the property and in common areas.
- As necessary, prepare the property for snow or winter weather, fall leaf clearance, and other safety and cosmetic needs affected by seasonal weather changes.
- Ensure proper lawn grooming, shrub trimming, and edging.
- Repair fencing and various landscaping as needed.
- Paint areas as needed.
- Assist with light cleaning and repairs prior to new resident move-ins.
- Assist office staff, as needed, with posting notices on resident doors and common areas as needed.
- Ensure adequate inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment, notifying the supervisor when supplies are needed.
- Ensure that equipment, tools, supplies, and vehicles are properly used, maintained, and stored.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on tools and equipment as assigned.
CUSTOMER SERVICE & COMMUNICATION
- Listen and respond to the needs of residents and staff members, escalating communication as necessary to a supervisor.
- Willingly and consistently share observations and insights of departmental operations that may improve quality and efficiencies of the department.
- Attend all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as directed.
- Update the Service Manager with status of work and communicate any potential liabilities including damage to grounds, facilities, supplies or equipment.
COMPLIANCE & SAFETY
HOW TO STAND OUT:
- Perform duties in accordance with all safety and OSHA requirements.
- Ensure that policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance expectations are met.
Our ideal candidate has experience in property maintenance, facilities maintenance, hotel housekeeping, landscaping/grounds maintenance or janitorial services, and has some building maintenance experience. We view this as an essential position and are seeking candidates who take great pride in the quality of their work and their ability to provide exceptional customer service. We also seek someone with:
- The ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Basic computer skills (email and internet).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
*The sign on bonus, less usual deductions, will be paid following the completion of 90 days of employment.