For this opening we will consider candidates from the following locations: ,PA,United States |
Looking for a meaningful job where the work you do truly makes a difference in people's lives every day? West's Health Advocate division in Plymouth Meeting is currently seeking Benefits Associates. A Benefits Associate at Health Advocate plays an important role in providing guidance and direction to our members regarding their benefit plans. If you have previous customer service experience, this role may be a good fit for applying your current knowledge and learning about health benefits to help members and expand your career.
Health Advocate offers a comprehensive training program to develop the knowledge you need to be successful in assisting members.
We offer Great Benefits!
The benefits package for this position includes very generous Paid Time Off (PTO), paid holiday policy, tuition reimbursement and a 401(k) with a match. Health Advocate has an Onsite fitness facility, yoga classes, Employee Assistance Program, wellness programs, and employee activities to support employees with various goals.
Our Benefits Associates are responsible for:
- Interfacing with internal and external resources to provide guidance and direction regarding benefit plan options, cost factors and detailed benefit review
- Answer incoming calls and respond to benefit inquires
- Place outbound follow-up calls for issues that cannot be resolved during the initial call
- Provide benefit information to members, about questions and concerns about benefit options. Help members compare and contrast benefits during open enrollment, or client new hires, and members experiencing a change of status
- High School Degree or GED required / Associate's degree with major course work in business administration, liberal arts, public health, healthcare management, or a related field preferred
- Minimum one year customer service, healthcare, or employee benefits experience
Knowledge of the following is preferred:
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Medicare A, B, MediGap, Supplement plans, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D plans
- High deductible health plans including Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs) and Health Saving Accounts (HSAs)
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA), including limited FSAs
- Coordination of benefits and which plan is primary - simple cases (commercial plans, Medicare plans)
- Summary Plan Documents (SPDs) and Certificates of Coverage (COCs)
- Government programs, resources and legislation and mandates including but not limited to Affordable Care Act, FMLA, Medicaid, CHIP
- Group Health Plans (fully insured and self-insured)
- Pharmacy benefits including injectable medications
- Individual Health Plans and Marketplace/Exchanges plans
Connecting people with each other and the right information is mission critical. Intrado develops innovative cloud-based technology to make it easier, more effective and more efficient to make the right connections. Our solutions put people in sync with each other and the right information, so they gain the insight needed to reach better decisions on the issues that matter most. We do it with a laser focus on reliability.
Intrado is a leading provider of technology-driven, communication services, serving Fortune 1000 companies and other clients in a variety of industries, including telecommunications, retail, financial services, public safety, technology and healthcare. For more than 30 years, we have been leading the way in hosted and cloud-based solutions.
Our solutions connect people with each other and the information needed to gain insights for better decisions on the issues that matter most - Information to Insight.
Intrado has sales and/or operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, Latin and South America and is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and Other Protected Categories. ABOUT THE TEAM
Health Advocate is the nation's leading provider of health advocacy, navigation, well-being and integrated benefits programs. For nearly 20 years, Health Advocate has provided expert support to help our members navigate the complexities of healthcare and achieve the best possible health and well-being. Our solutions leverage a unique combination of best-in-class, personalized support with powerful predictive data analytics and a proprietary technology platform to address nearly every clinical, administrative, wellness or behavioral health need. Whether facing common issues or an unprecedented challenge like COVID-19, our team of highly trained, compassionate experts work together to go above and beyond expectations, making healthcare easier for our members and ensuring they get the care they need.