Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Below are details on an open job. If the role interests you and you would like to be considered we encourage you to apply!
This hourly role follows the Scotts/Hawthorne step pay progression scale and typically starts at $20.80. Scotts/Hawthorne will consider various factors in determining the actual pay including your skills, qualifications, experience, and geographical location.
We're looking for a Heavy Equipment Operator for our mulch and soil manufacturing facility.
The Heavy Equipment Operator prepares organic mixes using a heavy equipment loader, pushes or relocates piles to ensure segregation of materials. Supplies production with a continuous supply of material. Monitors the stock piles for excessive heat, turns stockpiles, extinguishes small fires and ensures the proper amount of water is used to prepare the stockpile for production use.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner. Heavy equipment may include trucks, front-end loaders, dozers, graders, compactors, snowblowers and other pieces of equipment.
- Clean, maintain and secure all equipment as directed by management and company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty environment.
- Ability to work in all weather elements, including heat and cold.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to climb in and out of equipment.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to safely operate heavy equipment.
- Qualifications for the position
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- One or more years of experience using medium and/or heavy equipment.
- Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, holidays, vacation and sick time benefits available within a month of your start date
- Healthcare navigation, advocacy and support
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- $600 annual wellness reimbursement program
- Up to $30,000 to help cover the cost of fertility treatments, adoption or surrogacy
- Up to 18 weeks of time away to support your growing family
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.