Reed Tech, a LexisNexis company, is hiring a Help Desk Technician in Horsham, PA. The Help Desk Technician assists employees and external customers accomplish business tasks using various technology platforms. This includes opening and prioritizing help requests; working or escalating issues to the appropriate support staff; notifying management of delays with issue resolution. Technicians act as the customer liaison to the technical staff and advocate on their behalf to ensure issues are resolved fully and in a timely manner. Technicians monitor automated application processes and use diagnostic and help request tracking tools to understand production system status.
- Field incoming help requests from end users via telephone, e-mail and help desk system in a professional and courteous manner.
- Monitor production environment and ensure optimal system performance; identify and resolve system and production issues.
- Document all pertinent customer information necessary to resolve an issue; perform post resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Prioritize and schedule problem resolution. Escalate issues when appropriate to other technicians, engineers or developers.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Use diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access & search appropriate resources to assist in problem resolution.
- Support Reed Tech patent processing application; perform remote control and hands-on fixes at the desktop level.
- Coordinate and communicate with production managers to ensure support of production schedules and adequate production flow is maintained.
- Provide on-call support of e-homeworker system.
- Participate in weekend rotation for production support and file processing.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
- Demonstrated trouble-shooting abilities and use of diagnostic tools; minimum 1 year.
- Strong customer focus and customer service skills; minimum 1 year of experience.
- Knowledge of computer operating system, hardware and office software.
- Ability to work in a high-paced work environment with competing priorities.
- Production environment experience; minimum 1 year.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on relationship building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Experience working in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Candidate must be willing to work a reasonably flexible schedule.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to document technical processes
- Highly motivated and self-directed.
- Strong attention to and concern for detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.