15271 Laguna Canyon Rd, Irvine, California, 92618, United States of America
- Evaluate eligibility of financial assistance requests and applications that are received in Adobe format
- Research and assist Social Workers with problematic requests
- Communicate status and outcome to Social Worker
- Record requests in internal database for tracking
- Ensure timely processing for prompt turnaround time of urgent requests to ensure financial assistance needs are submitted for patient insurance continuation
- Generate grant requests in web-based systems used by qualified charities; extract necessary documentation from the request/application and upload into the web-based system
- Ensure accuracy to avoid returned requests
- Research returned requests and/or premium checks/refunds; correct and/or obtain needed information for reprocessing
- Contact health insurance companies to verify premium payment and premium rates
- Respond to telephone calls and emails regarding request process, requirements, and status of applications
- Review, update and submit department reports; follow up on unpaid premium requests, pending premium requests, missing premium requests, and missing HIPAA authorization forms
- Scan records as needed; move electronic files to folders and make any necessary modifications to the files
- Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information in accordance with HIPAA regulations and DaVita policies
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year's general office experience required; healthcare experience preferred
- Demonstrated customer service experience required
- Basic understanding of health insurance and insurance verification experience preferred
- Basic accounts payable experience preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Adobe required
- Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
- DaVita provides reasonable accommodations to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Physical and/or Mental functions of a position.
- Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, light traffic). No required tasks involve greater exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues than would be encountered by a visitor. The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids or other hazardous conditions.
- Vision adequate to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of position
What's in it for you? Here's what we bring to the table:
* A Fun, relationships-based culture-patient- and teammate-driven team
* Working for a company stability-as the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services
* Receive award winning training, as note in Training Magazine Top 125 award-winning education
* Opportunity for multiple career paths across a variety of cutting-edge modalities
* Rewards for your STELLAR performance
* Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average-treating more than one-third of the dialysis population (that's approximately 100,000 patients!)
* Exceptional benefits-including the healthcare industry's most generous profit sharing program
Most importantly...The best fit candidate for this position is someone who can connect strongly with our Core Values and be a shoe in with our Culture. We know our new Patient Account Representative is out there…and we look forward to hearing from you!
To learn more about us and explore our nationwide opportunities check out our website at http://careers.davita.com!
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning.
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as "a place where I belong." Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village, so that it becomes part of who we are. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Salary/ Wage Range
Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies and experience and may fall outside of the range shown. DaVita offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://careers.davita.com/benefits