GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekers of beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that the ancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is often called "mini-Yosemite" for its natural splendors. With the rugged central California Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountain range to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hectic pace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well known for its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We work together every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and team members alike!
The Big Sur Lodge has both Seasonal and Year-round openings! Pay is $18.00 per hour.
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
- Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team members
- Employer provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
- Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- 401K savings plan
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
*Benefits may vary depending on employment type
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of the property! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hike through the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park, you'll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Apply today to join our All-star team!JOB SUMMARY
The Housekeeper performs skilled and routine maintenance and tasks necessary to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the unit. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Clean assigned areas as directed by management and in compliance with the Company's "green" initiatives.
- Change linens and make beds.
- Dust and clean all furniture, picture frames, mirrors, windows, baseboards, carpet edges, inside and outside door panels, door ledges, and thresholds.
- Pull trash from trash receptacles. Replace trash bags as needed. Clear trash from tables and floors/grounds.
- Clean and vacuum under beds, desk, gaming tables, and behind night stands.
- Check and replace all missing items in rooms, including soaps, shampoos, conditioners, hangers, clocks, ice bucket liners, hair dryers, brochures, and stationery, etc.
- Clean and ensure bathtubs, tub ledges, sinks, vanity shelves, toilets, bathroom scales, tissue box covers, and soap dishes are spot, mold, mildew, and dust free.
- Sweep and mop all bathroom floors.
- Dust all lights and sconces, make-up mirrors, and lampshades.
- Perform laundry duties as assigned.
- Notify Supervisor of all quality control issues or needed repairs pertaining to the housekeeping of the facility.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits and an ability to learn and follow important safety precautions.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 35 lbs. regularly, 45 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day and to climb steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in indoor and outdoor environments.
- Works in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently works in a hot and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in a fast-paced environment.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Rolling cart.
- Industrial Washer and Dryer.
- Cleaning Supplies (including detergents, chemicals, vacuums, mops, brooms, scourers, hand towels, etc.).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.