The Department of Facilities Management supports the mission of the University of Denver's physical resources in order to provide a healthy and safe educational environment for campus community through services of the departments of Capital Projects and Planning, Facilities Management, Parking & Mobility Services, Auxiliaries & Real Estate, and Business & Operations.
Perform complex tasks in the installation, repair, adjustment and modification of electrical controls and electronic and pneumatic instrumentation for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems, boiler systems and energy management systems in a large physical plant and in individual buildings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- This position will continually monitor the building automation systems, work closely with consultants when they are brought in to fix software glitches, install upgrades, perform additional programming and make changes within the program as a response to customer demands.
- As changes are made to the building automation systems, this position must monitor the software and make additions and/or changes as may be required. As more experience is obtained, there will be times when the employee will be able to make minor programming changes to the software. When changes are made, the system has to be tested and checked to insure that other aspects of the program have not been affected.
- Conducts complex building automation system analysis and design studies and prepares concept and design specifications and management reports.
- Studies, evaluates and recommends building automation architectures, protocols, standards hardware, software and devices.
- Installs, upgrades and programs building automation software.
- Attends on-going training for the various software programs used for the University.
- Provide on-call support for the HVAC shop as required.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications as it relates to mechanical systems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, supervisors, co-workers, other staff and faculty within the DU community.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal and the ability to work in a team-based environment as well as on an independent basis.
- Basic math skills.
- Detailed procedures.
- Daily priorities are established by the worker.
- Employee responds to situations requiring immediate attention.
- Ability to prioritize issues on building automation systems and discern when additional resources need to be consulted.
- Strong competency in working knowledge of building automation systems which include working with a computer and monitoring these systems via computer.
- Ability to troubleshoot these systems when problems arise and be able to change set points and design parameters within the computer programs.
- Knowledge of IT Network infrastructure.
- Familiar with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) software, including WebTMA.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- 3 years of work experience in building automation systems.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's License and be insurable under University guidelines.
- Knowledge of HVAC and mechanical systems, electronic instrumentation and an understanding of direct digital control systems.
- Associate's Degree with a technology emphasis in HVAC.
- Familiarity with specific software such as Johnson Controls, (Metasys), Trane (Tracer Summit), and Long (Niagara).
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Friday, July 9, 2021
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu
to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 10.Hourly Rate
The hourly rate for the position is $30.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status.Benefits
The University of Denver
offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver
.Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law. All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check, Pre-Employment Physical and Drug Screen.Advertised:
June 23, 2021 Applications close:
This job has expired.