The Brad and Alys Smith Outdoor Economic Development Collaborative is currently accepting applications for an Hybrid Temporary Trail Specialist.
About the Opportunity
Assist WVU’s OEDC with developing and operating trails on WVU’s campus.
Work Hours: 20 hours per week
Length of Assignment: 8.5 months
Pay Grade: 9
What you'll do:
- Coordinate volunteer recruitment and events.
- Lead volunteer trail work parties.
- Assist with trail construction and operations.
- Perform stormwater inspections and reporting.
- Maintain hand tools and materials storage area.
- Develop and install signage.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED
6-12 months experience involving:
- Experienced in building shared use and mtb specific natural surface trail.
- Experienced in managing volunteers in trailbuilding.
- Conducting SWPPP inspections and reporting.
- Understanding of best practices for trail signage and visitor management.
- Understanding of natural surface trail construction best practices
- Volunteer management skills
- Leave no trace and outdoor living skills
This job has expired.
- The ability to travel to WVUs regional campuses and/or within the multi-state area is required.