Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is searching for an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician Level B with experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galliano, LA.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day electrical maintenance of platform/facility operations.
- Firm understanding of Safety and Compliance expectations.
- Assist the Lead Operator in all electrical activities including safety and compliance regulations.
- Capable of fully participating in Safety Meetings and Drills.
- Capable of maintaining electrical/instrumentation on entire facility.
- Capability to inventory parts and supplies.
- Participate in all announce/unannounced inspections (such as BSEE).
- The position demands a wide range of knowledge of production equipment, rotating equipment and hands on execution
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Experience in the continuous development and implementation of platform/facility health, safety and environmental plans/programs.
- Knowledge of compliance with Federal, State, Local, Company and facility health and safety related regulations, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of compliance with Hazardous Location Regulations NFPA70 NEC Article 500 and API RP 14F.
- Able to plan and safely execute small capital projects involving third party contractors.
- Creates strong work relationships with internal staff.
- Communicates effectively, both orally in person and using a telephone and in writing.
- Computer literate, able to access information and perform basic operations on a computer.
- Recognizes personal strengths and weaknesses and be proactive in self-development.
- Ability to train, develop, and oversee the safe activities of an assistant.
- Additional duties as instructed by supervisor.
Skills / Qualifications Required:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1-2 years of Instrumentation and electrical technician experience preferred; or Associates degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school in instrumentation with 6 months experience. Preferred:
Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 2+ years' offshore I&E experience on a production platform preferred; heavy electrical experience preferred but must have some instrumentation experience.
- Experience maintaining and installing 15KV and below electrical systems.
- Experienced with NFPA 70E Arc Flash protection regulations.
- Experience maintaining and installing Programmable Logic Controllers(PLC)/Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Experience is safe design and installation of tubing systems up to 15 KPSI.
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems.
- Basic knowledge of Hydraulic systems.
- Experience in 4160 is preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.