Information System Manager
We are seeking an Information System Manager. Johns Hopkins University has developed an ambitious vision to integrate life design, experiential learning, and mentoring in academic and co-curricular learning experience for all students and postdoctoral fellows. Under the leadership of Dr. Farouk Dey, the inaugural vice provost for integrative learning and life design, the university has announced the creation of three new departments and several new initiatives and mission that will ensure that every student and postdoctoral fellow will have the ability to pursue life purpose regardless of background, field of study, or social capital. Read more about this plan here.
Reporting to the Executive Director of University Experiential Learning with a dotted line to the Director of Digital Transformation for Integrative Learning and Life Design, the Information System Manager will oversee and support all aspects of the Timesheet X payroll platform. The Information System Manager will serve in a project manager capacity for future Timesheet X implementations and rolling out of enhanced functionality. In addition, this position will ensure pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations for every Johns Hopkins University Division. This candidate will serve as the main support contact for Timesheet X and address concerns, errors, or problems constituents may encounter. In addition, this person will work cross-functionally and cross-divisionally to ensure Timesheet X is used effectively and efficiently and to ensure coordination and collaboration across all schools.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Leadership & Management (70%)
- Directs the strategy, development, and support for the student time tracking software by establishing and maintaining a growth plan and working closely with the strategic leaders and HR (Human Resources) partners.
- Leads projects services for the additional student time tracking software implementations from requirements definition through deployment, identifying schedules, scopes, and implementation plans, including risk mitigation.
- Analyze project status and, when necessary, revise the scope, schedule, and secure support to ensure that project requirements can be met.
- Creates testing plans and test scenarios / use cases for end users for deployment of new functionality.
- Follows established change control procedures to manage overall project scope.
- Oversees the project's goals, objectives, and scope and creates a project plan that outlines tasks, timelines, and resources required.
- Communicates with the project team and stakeholders, manages risks and issues, and monitors progress to ensure that the project stays on track.
- Manages marketing communications in collaboration with internal and external marketing and communications channels, serving as editor of JHU TsX newsletters and developing JHU TsX web presence.
- Execute programs and projects by utilizing project management best practices, assigning resources, delegating tasks, employing and supervising student assistants and fellows, and delivering and presenting projects to clients.
- Develops policies and practices to support organizational strategy.
- Participates in developing white papers and strategic statements related to technology to support the organization.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant client stakeholders in the Johns Hopkins community.
- Develops and maintain partnerships with third-party resources, including vendors and researchers.
System Administration & Support (20%)
- Intimately familiar with the student-tracking platform, its capabilities, and functionality, and can clearly communicate these elements with campus constituents via email communications, training documents, and virtual demonstrations.
- Trouble-shoot problems, research solutions, and interface with divisional support staff and student users' university-wide.
- Serve as the point person for student-tracking platform, responding in a timely manner to questions and processing issues.
- Keeps process/policy guides up to date, reflecting new policies/processes.
- Assists with developing and deploying methods for measuring training effectiveness and incorporates learnings into delivery and design of future training.
- Works closely with campus administrators to ensure the proper cost centers are associated with the appropriate positions on all submitted timesheets.
- Coordinate with the vendor and IT (Information Technology) department to ensure smooth implementation, integration, and maintenance of student-tracking platform.
- Manage user acceptance testing and quality assurance to ensure that Timesheet X meets the requirements and expectations of the university's departments and employees.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness of Timesheet X and recommend improvements to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Provide technical support to end-users, including troubleshooting issues and providing solutions.
Business Intelligence/Data Reporting (10%)
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Responsible for data analytics and additional support of performance measures, ongoing measurement, data collection, reporting, data visualizations and information dissemination.
- Applies innovative and scientific/quantitative analytical approaches to draw conclusions and make 'insight to action' recommendations to answer the business objective and drive the appropriate change.
- Comfortable working remotely and within a flexible and innovative environment.
- Presents excellent skills in relationship development and engaging audiences in groups and via social media and other digital outlets.
- Driven by data and outcomes with an entrepreneurial mindset; strong in planning and execution, comfortable working with groups, and enjoys developing relationships and connections with multiple stakeholders all at the same time.
- Familiar with the Timesheet X platform, its capabilities, and functionality and intimately familiar with the SAP payroll platform and the complexities of the Johns Hopkins University's payroll processes.
- Experience and knowledge of project and information management.
- Data mining/management, data collection instruction, including ability to show data in a user-friendly format for a variety of audiences.
- Advanced critical thinking skills and ability to apply these skills in various situations.
- Requires the ability to work independently, to assess situations and respond appropriately. Requires a willingness to accept change and demonstrate flexibility.
- Experience working with diverse datasets, including protocols for optimizing data hygiene and working with sensitive data.
- Advanced interpersonal skills to effectively interface with department heads, JHU personnel, vendors, and consultants.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously and quickly switch between priorities/tasks.
- Awareness of the need for timely communication, ability to identify potential barriers and strategies, and ability to synthesize and integrate information.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM), Business, or related Degree discipline required.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Master's Degree in business, computer science, statistics, or related discipline is preferred.
- Four years of experience in a professional environment where the required knowledge base and skills have been utilized, and a minimum of 2 years of project management. Additional education may substitute for experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Timesheet X
- Experience in reporting and/or data management experience with knowledge of data and reporting concepts along with exposure to applicable tools and languages
- Working knowledge of the function/discipline demonstrated through application of knowledge, skills, abilities, and technologies towards work products required. (Example Querying, Report Development, Requirements Gathering).
- Requires an elevated level of analytical and critical thinking skills, including the ability to generate organized reporting tools and statistics.
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence technologies desired.
Classified Title: Sr. Systems Administrator
Working Title: Information System Manager
Starting Salary Range: $61,070-$83,900-$106,710 Annually (Commensurate with expereince)
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: Integrative Learning and Life Design
Personnel area: University Student Services
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Information-System-Manager-MD-21218/1035722000/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-d81bf27f9e792d4897346dda727f1455
This job has expired.