INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER - DDI
Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more customer solutions, process improvements, sustainable manufacturing, and opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Come find your "more" with Mohawk!
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer - DDI who can do more for all Mohawk Flooring North America brands across residential, distributor, and builder multifamily divisions.
The position will be primarily responsible for performing engineering, analytical, investigative, and operational functions in the DDI environment; activities include Engineering, operation, and maintenance of DDI platforms, monitoring, alerting, availability, and recovery.
What you'll do:
What you have:
- Architect and deploy new DDI services to meet functional, availability, and security requirements.
- Ensure the DDI Infrastructure (DNS, DHCP & IP Management) are managed properly and maintains a quality of excellence.
- Investigate, diagnose, and document incidents and problems relating to DDI (DNS, DHCP, IP Management)
- Work with other teams to implement DDI system improvements and changes in a safe manner, ensuring backout plans are proven and tested
- Define the capacity and performance standards, metrics, analytics, and thresholds and help build the instrumentation to effectively manage the environment
- Regularly reviews Query log & Error log data regularly to detect the issue
- Provide support to maintain External domains and Registrar services, policies & access
- Act as lead in identifying and managing risks within the DDI platform
- Ensure backup & restore procedures for the DDI system are configured properly and are documented clearly
- Establish best practice disaster recovery architecture, operation, and supporting process. Work with engineering and support teams to implement, maintain, and governance; administration teams to establish run books
- Ensure Infrastructure operations are effective and optimally established and supported across all layers including directory services "Active Directory", server, storage, backup, monitoring, patching services, and monitoring.
- Experience developing Disaster Recovery strategies and working with other teams within the organization and external teams to execute scheduled DR tests.
- Review and recommend alternative technologies and improvements to enhance information systems to support organizational goals and present them to senior management.
- Excellent team player and mentors other team members as required. Help other team members to succeed.
- Create documentation for the developed procedures and best practices.
- Lead troubleshooting and recovery efforts during outages or complex issues including but not limited to performance, functionality issues, etc.
- Handle tasks/projects independently and complete them within given timelines.
- Perform other duties as required
What you're good at:
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical, and/or related field required
- At least 5+ years of experience in DDI engineering and management.
- Certifications a plus i.e. DDI Professional
- Experience investigating and diagnosing incidents and problems relating to DDI (Infoblox DNS, DHCP, IPAM) and related services
- Experience with Windows DNS console, Infoblox, or other DNS/DHCP tools
- Experience with automation and scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, etc.
- Strong background in networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, DNS, and DCHP
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal communications skills; ability to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment, and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport persuades others and gains understanding
- Ability and willingness to accept responsibility, willingness to challenge established practices, and draw relevant conclusions, including the persistence and willingness to take calculated risks, to stimulate, market, and sell new ideas within the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group, to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment and/or crisis and render good decisions to resolve problems, maintain safety, and ensure adherence to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Ability to articulate complex technical designs and terms to business teams in simple terms.
- Ability to analyze and optimize technical system solutions
- Participate in on-call on a rotation basis and support
- Experience planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to advance project timelines and meet deliverable dates
- Ability to work with a team across the board and achieve desired results.
- Ability to lift, and shift simple and heavy devices as required and perform cabling when required.
- Normal office environment
- While we're a primarily in-office team, we thrive on flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and professional time
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
This job has expired.