Martin Marietta is looking to hire an Inside Sales Representative who will be responsible for internal and external customer service support related to the sale of aggregate materials within the Indiana District. The individual hired into this position will maintain positive relationship with all sales reps, dispatchers and customers, work with District Sales Management to develop, implement and maintain various sales reporting tools, communicate with customers daily, work with sales team with regards to bid preparation, submittal preparation, project set up in sales system, and also assist and consult customers in providing the best help for various situations. The position will also be responsible to assist with central dispatch and communicate as needed with outside trucking companies. This position will be based in Carmel, IN.
Great employee benefits start on day one of employment!
CompetenciesEthical ConductStrategic ThinkingCommunication (Oral and Written)Attention to detailInitiativeDrive for ResultsRelationship BuildingHigh Sense of UrgencyPosition Requirements:
- Assist Sales Team with product line sales, supporting sales quoting process, submittal process, project set up
- Provide the sales team with updated sales reports including backlog report, sales order report, QC Topics and Complain Tracking, Call Back Log, Bid Funnel Recap, Bid Funnel Status and Updates.
- Track the Bid Funnel, update potential projects, coordinate with sales team
- Oversee a small group of customers. Bid work, manage issues, and maintain relationships directed towards growing business.
- Work closely with district credit personnel regarding new accounts and accounts receivable
- Various other administrative duties related sales, marketing, and management of the business
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in business/marketing, construction management or related discipline preferred
- Customer service skills, outgoing personality
- Self-starter with excellent planning and administrative skills; excellent time management skills
- Excellent verbal/written to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and internal systems
- Comply with best practices; and strict compliance with the Company's Ethics policy and Code of Conduct
- Ability to build strong customer relationships internally and externally
- Proactive problem solver able to focus on customer needs
- Compliance with the Company's Safety policies
This job operates 80% of the time in a professional office environment. 20% of the time will be in aggregate production facilities or customer job site locations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Familiarity with Microsoft Office software is important in this role.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This job has expired.