A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Inventory and Production Planning Specialist position with MilliporeSigma in Madison, WI is an entry to mid-level position within the supply chain function. In this role, you will evaluate and make recommendations regarding inventory management, perform transactions using SAP, and review manufacturing schedules and material requirements to ensure timely. As the Inventory and Production Planning Specialist, you will be part of the Planning team and collaborate with Planning, Manufacturing, Warehouse and Distribution, and Quality team members. Participation in internal project meetings will also be expected on an as-needed basis.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Support maintenance of production schedule and provide input to support project delivery.
- Work closely with local Procurement and Quality Control to ensure material availability.
- Work closely with Materials Management to ensure materials are staged for production.
- Contribute to the achievement of business objectives through testing new ideas or strategies (safety, service, throughput, adherence to schedules).
- Participate in project kick-off meetings and assist in project planning/scheduling.
- Assist, when necessary, in BOM/recipe creation/maintenance for production.
- Use SAP to analyze planned orders, requirements, and system designs with a view to supply chain impact and convert planned orders to process orders as necessary.
- Involvement with process improvement initiatives, as required.
- Evaluate Inventory Turns and make recommendations.
- Assist planners to analyze Inventory and Identify ordering patterns.
- Facilitate Cycle Counts and root cause discrepancies partnering with the material management group.
- Report on idle stock and obsolete items with the intent of determining potential reallocation to assess recovery.
- Minimize and reduce blocked stock value by assisting with timely disposal.
- Assist in material and inventory forecasting reviews.
- Minimize disposal of expired material by evaluating potential outlets for use.
- Partner with material management to implement and adhere to inventory KanBan practices.
- SAP material conversions.
- Assist with planning customer shipments and invoices, transportation management.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline
- 1+ year of experience in a manufacturing facility
- Certification from ASM or IBF
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Mathematics, or Supply Chain Management
What we offer:
- 1+ years planning/supply chain management using an MRP and/or ERP systems
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other internal software programs)
- Strong analytical abilities with problem solving techniques, unconditional commitment to teamwork and communication
- Ability to follow ISO and cGMP standards
- Ability to work independently and adhere to deadlines
- High sense of urgency
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Good judgment and analytical skills
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company's COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.
This job has expired.