Area of Accountability:
Responsible for all aspects of the material control department. Primary responsibility will be in the assembly area, bolt kit area, and material handling for the day and night shifts This includes being cross-trained in the areas of shipping, receiving, material handling and cycle counting. Other areas of accountability could be included at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Completion of production product in assembly as required.
- Perform cycle counting of production materials as required by Level 3 procedures. Responsible for identification and resolution of inventory discrepancies. Responsible for inventory transactions.
- Responsible for identifying, reviewing, and reporting obsolete inventory items. Produces the month end closing report. Responsible for generating inventory performance reports.
- Process all shipping documents (e.g., Bill of Lading, export declarations, packing slips, etc.) in a manner consistent with Accounting guidelines and the Materials department standards of performances as needed.
- Interface with internal and external personnel to insure an acceptable solution is achieved to properly address situations pertaining to freight rates, modes of transportation, claims, freight pick-ups, etc.
- Material handling of raw material in the warehouse and between plants to assure material availability to production.
- Analyze data to monitor and manage the departmental functional responsibilities relative to delivery performance, freight economics, errors, etc.
- Coordinate the preparation of outbound freight with other departmental personnel to insure the timely loading of trucks. Audit freight shipments to insure integrity standards are met.
- Present customer's needs to production and scheduling personnel and achieve a 99% on-time delivery performance.
- Cooperate with 3 rd party logistics provider (Currently Ryder, Inc) to provide the best customer service at the lowest possible price.
- Completes special projects as assigned to control material flow and improve inventory accuracy. Responsible for tracking of material placed in the MRB area.
- Responsible for vendor return disposition and coordinating with the appropriate Buyer/Planner. Performs Bill of Material audits and resolve problems identified.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Associate Degree in a related field a plus.
- Must have 1-2 years experience in a manufacturing environment working with MRP systems.
- Shipping/Receiving experience needed; APICS Certification or pursuit of certification a plus.
- Computer skills and data entry experience required
- Knowledge of KanBan system
- Certified fork lift operator
- PC operation skills in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Minimum one year of direct inventory control experience preferred
- Remain drug free throughout the term of employment
- Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.