For more than 30 years, Printers Row Publishing Group has captivated readers with interactive children's books, activity kits, adult reference books, and classic literature. With a portfolio of award-winning authors and talented designers and illustrators, PRPG aims to keep the love of reading alive for readers of all ages with fresh, inspiring content produced across its six brands.
Printers Row Publishing Group, is seeking an InventoryManager who is responsiblefor the day-to-day management of stock and inventory levelsfor thepublishing imprints of Printers Row Publishing Group (PRPG). Duties include,planningandanalysis ofinventory, reviewing sales historyandcreatingsalesforecasts, communicating withexternalvendors and internaldepartments, and ensuringthe accuracy of all title information.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Monitor day-to-day operations, inventory transactions,and oversee all aspects of inventory. managementforallPRPGimprints.
- Oversee Call-to-Print meetings with sales director and publishers/ associate publisher.
- Manage inventory levels in multiple warehouses.
- Evaluate on-hand data, POS reports, projections, and sales trends (market trends, seasonality,and promotions) toassess future demand for backlist titles to justify print quantities.
- Research stock levelsforallcustomers toensure product is allocated properly.
- Identify and investigate changes in the forecast during the months prior to publication. Recommend adjustments to print runs as necessary.
- Ensure adequate stocklevelsto satisfy ongoing demand, to adjust orders if order quantities may result in excessive returns, and to ascertain why expected orders may not have been placed.
- Manageinventory reporting and analysis.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure all customer inventory needs are being met and suggest alternatives where required.
- Investigate inventory errors and follow up with finance team on resolution of all receiving and product discrepancies.
- Attend logistics meetings as needed.
- Identify excess inventory,suggest inventory management plans to sales team,and propose inventory moves toBargain.
- Managepurchasing coordinator with the input of purchase orders, all new titles into systems, reserve inventory for customers, ensure all shipments arrive in a timely way and meet customer deadlines, and overseewarehousework order process.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work extra hours to keep projects on schedule.
- Help build and maintain long-term relationships with our customers and publishers.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed, or requested by product management team.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to speak with all levels of the organization and outside partners.
- Familiarity with publishing industry terms beneficial.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
What You Will Need:
- Direct report:purchasing coordinator.
- Grow and mentordirect reportsin his/her professional development and the attainment of his/her annual performance goals.
This job has expired.
- High school diploma or general educational development (GED) diploma or certificate required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) plus years' experience in corporate inventory management preferred.
- Minimum three (3) plus years' experience in corporate sales analysis and forecasting preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook required.