If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The department of Neurology has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time IOM Technologist 1 to work at the UHealth campus. The IOM Technologist 1, under direct supervision of the Chief IOM Technologist or the physician, performs all basic IOM (Intraoperative Monitoring) modalities, such as electroencephalography (EEG), electromyography (EMG), and evoked potentials to monitor the functional integrity of certain neural structures. Moreover, the incumbent provides monitoring services to the surgical team, including collecting and analyzing multiple types of recordings and measurements.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.Minimum Qualifications
- Under direct supervision, conducts basic evaluations of the central nervous system (CNS) during surgery and provides early warning to the surgeon or supervisor about potential neural injury.
- Tests procedures include somatosensory evoked potentials, brainstem auditory evoked potentials and electromyogram.
- Assists with pre-operative testing of patient at surgeon's request.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities required for multi-modality monitoring in compliance with all current standards of care.
- Assesses intraoperative procedures relative to orders for monitoring and acts to address deviation from established protocols.
- Maintains quality control methods for all monitoring performed.
- Archives all relevant data and ensures confidentiality of records is preserved.
- Monitors equipment to ensure its working appropriately, ensures equipment is maintained and stored properly, implements appropriate safety procedures relative to equipment, and notifies managing staff of all equipment related issues or concerns.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.