ITT Inc. is looking for an IT Director - SAP to join their Industrial Process team. The IT Director - SAP is a senior position with overall responsibility for the team implementing and supporting the Industrial Process division's SAP instance. This team and its projects have global impact and significant responsibilities that contribute to the success of the business. The IT Director - SAP is expected to lead all day-to-day activities and project management processes associated with their team and the budget, schedule, quality, business case and change management. In addition, this position requires IT senior management skills including a thorough knowledge of business areas supported and information technologies and trends that affect these areas.
- Provides leadership for large scale SAP implementations as part of a multi-year, global ERP consolidation and business process improvement initiative.
- Provides program and project management for all SAP implementations globally
- Works with the business to understand needs and establishes IT strategies that enable business growth and improve business process efficiency and sustainability
- Works with the business to create, implement, and manage a global long term ERP strategy and roadmap
- Manages SAP enhancement and support activity for existing installations
- Supports SOX compliance, Security Compliance, M&A activities, and growth opportunities in the Emerging Markets for the business
- Develops and presents project and technology proposals and provides status and progress reporting to the management team.
- Change Management Leader with the business to drive standards and improve customer service and efficiency
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion.
- Implements and operates on a daily basis using continuous process improvement as a way of life.
- Leads the development of a business case which may include the identification of a return on investment (ROI), total cost of ownership (TCO) assessment, etc for projects in area of responsibility
- Oversees the activities required for procurement including establishing contracts (Time & Materials; Fixed Price; ...), statements of work (SOW), defining contract change control procedures, vendor management as well as overseeing product evaluation and selection efforts.
- Identifies the skills needed for project success and works with stakeholders to align team member skill sets with project assignments. Builds and maintains team unity by ensuring project success is defined and each team member understands how their participation is beneficial to meeting project objectives.
- Defines Project activities, sequencing of those activities and estimating level of effort.
- Mentors IT Project Leaders on project management methodologies, tools, and Change Management.
- Improves relationships with effective negotiations and has the ability to reach a win-win agreement with and without complete authority.
- Promotes departmental standards and procedures by contributing to and complying with published standards and procedures to ensure the quality of our information systems.
- Provides presentations by preparing clear and well-organized material with the appropriate level of detail to facilitate departmental or inter-departmental communication.
About the Company:
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of IT experience with a minimum of 3-4 years managing projects.
- SAP process and project management experience required.
- Must possess working knowledge of project management methodologies, tools and change management techniques.
- Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen and business process knowledge.
- Experience leading a global team
- Technical problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
ITT, headquartered in Stamford, CT, operates competitively in more than 35 countries with sales in approximately 125 countries and partners with customers to deliver enduring solutions to the key industries that underpin our modern way of life. The company generated 2021 revenues of $2.8 billion.
ITT was named to the Forbes 2019 list of America's Best Midsize Employers. This achievement recognizes ITT's focus and commitment to fostering a healthy, high-performing culture and creating a work-place defined by innovation and continuous improvement. ITT's CEO and CFO were both recognized as 2020 All-America Executive Team by Institutional Investor magazine. Also bestowed to ITT was the 2018 Manufacturing Leadership Award that distinguishes ITT for its visionary leadership, commitment to employees and workplace culture, and the ability to innovatively solve problems for customers.
ITT operates through three Value Centers (business units): Industrial Process
designs and manufactures pumps, valves, monitoring and control systems, water treatment and aftermarket services for the chemical, oil and gas, mining and other industrial process markets, as well as global service capabilities; Motion Technologies
designs and manufactures brake pads, shock absorbers and sealing solutions for the automotive and rail markets; Connect and Control Technologies
designs and manufactures harsh-environment connectors and critical energy absorption and flow control components primarily for the aerospace, defense and industrial markets.