The IT Manager leads the Platforms & Engineering team to drive business goals which includes partnering with multiple areas of the business to reduce downtime, increase productivity, maintain critical systems/platforms, network infrastructure that includes but is not limited to hardware, software, databases, cloud environment, disaster recovery, and network security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
- Consistently follow the Welk High Five service standards at all times.
- Follow all company and department policies and procedures.
- Attend safety meetings, keep the workplace in safe condition, and work in a safe manner.
- Adhere to attendance policy and report to workstation at scheduled start time.
- Propose ideas or find ways to improve services, systems, and/or procedures.
- Evaluate and direct the organization's overall IT infrastructure and operations.
- Act as liaison between IT and stakeholders and provide recommendations within the company.
- Champions and continues adoption of ITIL 4 best practices.
- Maintains the MS Azure platform for all cloud hosted applications including but not limited to PMS systems, main website hosting, API integration layer, etc.
- Plan and execute new resort buildouts, construction development projects, plans around technology infrastructure needs.
- Lead large IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Ensure change management policies and procedures are followed.
- Lead root cause analysis process for critical IT incidents.
- Participate in the development and updates of IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Responsible for all datacenter technology stack, Windows Server 2008/16/19, VMWare, Nutanix, Rubrik, etc.
- Manages the acquisition, installation and maintenance of the organization's local area network hardware/software.
- Manages a team of 7 IT professionals including 2 network engineers, 2 systems engineers, security engineer, mobility engineer and a DBA.
- Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated and processed.
- Provides technical supervision of technology staff as directed; annually updates technology job descriptions; completes technology staff evaluations.
- Analyzes technology requirements and develops functional specifications. Conducts comparative analysis and competitive bidding when necessary.
- Assists staff in understanding and using technology; conducts regular staff technology presentations and trainings.
- Presents and implements technological alternatives to streamline functions and improve productivity.
- Develops and maintains technology policies, standards and procedures manual; develops and maintains related technology checklists.
- Responsible for troubleshooting workstations, networks, software applications, phones, copiers and other technologies.
- Manages technology inventory to include procurement and disposal.
- Ensures compliance with all software licensing agreements. Manages and safeguards software media and associated licenses. Tracks software versions.
- Ensures networks, workstations, operating systems and software applications are operational; ensures hardware and software is patched and/or updated; ensures all analog and broadband circuits are operational in accordance with vendor specifications.
- Coach team members by creating development opportunities and providing regular feedback
- Prepares, maintains and tests a technology disaster recovery plan.
- Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements following this paragraph are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Under limited supervision, manages a multi-site UNIX, Microsoft, TCP/IP, computer network or group of networks, typically consisting of approximately six hundred or more workstations; performs a variety of maintenance, evaluation, installation, and training tasks to enable users to maximize productivity. Plans and develops network resources; evaluates and/or recommends hardware and software purchases related to network, network security, and operational applications.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
Will supervise IT staff throughout corporation.Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; major in computer science preferred. Minimum of three years experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Experience with a multi-location company is preferred. Five years hospitality or resort information technology experience preferred. Language Skills:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization. Excellent communication skills required. Must be able to speak, understand, read and write English. Must have excellent English grammar skills, including punctuation, spelling, style, etc.Reasoning Ability:
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Develops alternative solutions
- Uses reason, even when dealing with emotional topics
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses
- Displays critical/creative thinking
- Possess necessary expertise to accomplish all tasks
- Learns new skills to improve job performance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job has expired.