Are you looking for an opportunity with plenty of growth potential? Do you enjoy working in an exciting, fast-paced, collaborative environment? Are you interested in working with the world's most innovative companies to create a more connected world?
Connecting Continents. Impacting Communities.
The backbone of the Internet is a series of high-tech subsea fiber optic cables deployed throughout the globe - SubCom has deployed over 50% of them. Our employees ensure data communications networks are engineered, manufactured, deployed, and maintained to the highest standards, enabling faster and more reliable connectivity to communities worldwide. Every member of the SubCom team plays a role in an end-to-end process that is critical to enterprises, governments, big cities, and rural towns.
We encourage, expect, and value creativity, thoughtful risk taking, openness to change, and diverse perspectives. Whether you're a seasoned applicant seeking a new and exciting challenge, or you're new to the workforce and looking for a flexible, rewarding, and fast-paced position with an innovative and stable organization (since 1953), SubCom has opportunities to advance your career.
The IT Project Manager reports to the Sr. IT Project Manager. The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize business projects according to strict deadlines. This includes the management of the day-to-day work activities of the project, ensuring the quality of the team's work, managing project scope, issues, risk, resources (internal and external resources) and budget. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
Responsibilities include the following but may not be limited to the following:
- Manages technology projects or multiple technical workstreams within a broader project or program. Develops, implements, and monitors project plans
- Contributes expertise to major project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with IT management and business stakeholders
- Provides insight on best practices and common obstacles based on prior experiences. Serves as a trusted advisor to ensure strategies are aligned with the overall company strategy and market conditions
- Develop and deliver project charter, progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and project plan
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Communicates project status and issues regularly to stakeholders, including leaders, team members, and senior managers
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end. Define project schedules, allocate resources and monitor progress
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle
- Conduct project postmortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Builds and maintains effective relationships. Proactively fosters communication between internal and external project stakeholders. Influences key decisions across stakeholder groups
- Proactively identifies, manages, and mitigates risks and any related issues on technology projects. Communicates solutions on key issues or projects to management and stakeholders to obtain their input and buy-in as appropriate
- Responsible for defining the project charter, project planning and scheduling project goals, milestones and deliverables
- Conduct weekly project status meetings and publish weekly dashboard tracking progress
- Help facilitate implementation of business and system process best practices
- Align project objectives with company goals and ensure project team is clear on objectives
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- SDLC process for deployment of software and patch currency
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to understand what risks need to be managed at different levels and able to take prompt corrective action or escalation within the program environment
- Knowledge of project management software tools and management techniques
- Skilled multi-tasker with ability to manage numerous projects and tasks concurrently
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage, motivate, and integrate a team
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with the ability to utilize technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and service
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead through influencing and negotiating
- Strong facilitation and coordination skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project, with the ability to produce detailed reports and presentations using these tools
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Engineering or equivalent work experience is required
- Six or more years of related project management experience
- Experience in using a formal Solutions Delivery Life Cycle/Methodology (Agile & Waterfall)
- Experience in using formal project management methods, techniques, and tools
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Candidates for positions with SubCom must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please be sure to attach a resume to your application. We are not able to consider applications without a resume. Benefits
SubCom offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to: competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance coverages, FSA, HSA, generous vacation, paid sick leave, paid parental leave, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, and a 401(k) plan with generous company match. Additionally, some positions may be eligible for shift differential. Affirmative Action / Equal Employer Opportunity
SubCom is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation. SubCom's Core Values
Quality - Accountability - Teamwork - Innovation
This job has expired.