This person will play a crucial role as we modernize our tech stack and architecture, while also maintaining existing applications. As a hands-on coder (60-80%), they are a champion of modern software development, best practices, automation while preserving system reliability and stability. This person lives and breathes code, is meticulous about quality and top-notch applications.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Designs and develops system integrations, web applications, project workflows
• Equally comfortable writing clean/scalable code, doing code reviews, making technology design decisions
• Can translate abstract technical concepts to people at all levels and varying technical abilities
• Ability to work well with a cross-functional team of varying technical skill-sets
• Experience maintaining legacy systems.
• 2+ years overall programming experience with web-based solutions
• 2+ years J2EE (including Spring, Struts, Tiles, Hibernate, JDBC)
• Experience with API design/development/management, microservices, SoA
• Experience managing application server, like Tomcat
• Familiarity with GitLab, DevOps, AWS, CI/CD pipeline automation/management
• Familiarity with application testing protocols.
• Familiarity industry standard Design Patterns for web application development
• Familiarity with unit testing frameworks like JUnit, Cactus or similar
• Familiarity with security best practices
• Working knowledge of Oracle databases