Innovative Defense Technologies (IDT), provider of automated software testing, data analysis, and cybersecurity solutions for complex, mission-critical systems in the US Department of Defense (DOD), is seeking a Jr. Software Engineer to be based in our Fall River, MA office. The Engineer will work with leadership and a fast-paced team of mission-focused engineers to solve some of the Navy's toughest challenges. Initiative, creativity, reliability, and efficient teamwork will be required to successfully deliver innovative solutions in this dynamic customer space.
We are looking for a Junior Software Engineer to join our team and help us containerize software applications. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing software requirements, software design documents, software source code, and deployment environment related with the containerizing software applications. You will also be responsible for making sure that the containerized applications run smoothly within a Kubernetes environment.
Software Engineer responsibilities also include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality, and writing code in various languages, like Java, C++, or Python. The ideal candidate should be familiar with the software development life cycle (SDLC) from preliminary system analysis to test and deployment.
All applicants must currently possess an active U.S. Security Clearance.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Design, implement, and test software (all aspects of the software development lifecycle) using multiple languages and technology stacks.
- Participate in software development projects using Agile software development processes.
- Perform design and code reviews.
- Create containerized software components using Docker/Podman/Containerd
- Deploy software to containerized environments using orchestrators like Kubernetes.
- Design new software enhancements and applications using modern design tools and principles such as UML.
- Support lab-based test and integration activities at IDT offices and on-site in customer labs
- Interact technically with application customers at a variety of remote sites.
- Produce and present technical documentation for both internal and external review and feedback.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in software engineering
- Bachelor's Degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field
- Ability to work full-time in a classified facility located in Fall River, MA, and travel to customer sites up to 10% of the time.
- Basic Linux administration understanding to perform tasks such as network configuration, service management, and software installation.
- High motivation and interest in identifying, learning, and applying new software technologies.
- Familiarity with SQL and relational databases
- Ability to design software with UML primitives: sequence diagrams, class diagrams, and activity diagrams.
- Familiar with containerized software deployment and container orchestration platforms like OpenShift/OKD, Rancher, and Tanzu
- Experience developing applications for the Department of Defense, especially in the area of electronic communications systems.
- Experience using Jira and participating in SCRUMs.
- Familiarity with version control tools such as Git
- Familiarity with VMware or other virtualization software
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous development (CI/CD) such as Jenkins and Artifactory
- Basic familiarity with foundational networking concepts such as routing, switching, identity services, intrusion detection, and firewall.
- Ability to work closely with project managers and lead engineers to document, manage and communicate systems and software requirements.
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, teamwork
- Solid analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Willingness to take on new tasks out of your comfort zone.
- Ability to self-teach to quickly come up to speed and apply new technologies.
Applicants, employees, and former employees are protected from employment discrimination based onrace,color,religion,sex, pregnancy,sexual orientation,gender identity,national origin,age,disability, veteran status,genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.