Torrent Technologies Inc. seeks candidates for the following early career position based in the Overland Park, KS office:
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- In conjunction with and under the supervision of the Underwriting manager, reviews, analyzes and handles quotations, services existing book of business. Utilizes appropriate software to evaluate recommendations and determine policy approval and process all additional policy-related information.
- A great entry level position to get into the insurance industry.
- In the first 30/60/90 days you can expect to participate in a robust training program of class room, on the job and computer based training.
- Work an 8 hour shift between our hours of operation 7 am - 7 pm Monday - Friday.
In this role you can expect to service our clients and colleagues primarily via phone and chat, you must be comfortable conversing and working in a phone based position while providing top tier customer service.
- You will be joining a team of highly motivated and knowledgeable individuals ranging from Senior to Junior Underwriters.
- Work in a desirable location on a campus with tons of employee amenities.
We will count on you to:
- A company with a solid brand and clear results to match.
- Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, STI/LTI, life insurance, generous 401k match AND contribution).
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance.
- Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
What you need to have:
- Underwrite new submissions to ensure new policies are correct, per guidelines.
- Process endorsements, cancellations and reinstatements, and handle billing issues and completes policy issuance.
- Review all underwriting information to include applications, photographs, elevation certificates and third party internet resources to correctly underwrite the policy.
- Provide customer service to agents Respond to by phone support, online chat and emails and meet required production KPIs as defined by leadership.
- Review correspondence from agency including requests for endorsements for acceptability
- Communicate in a concise, tactful, prompt and effective manner both over the phone and by email.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with agents, customers, coworkers and others.
What makes you stand out?
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous customer service experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Basic to intermediate technical knowledge of systems and procedures
- Attention to detail
- Basic computer knowledge and comfortable using the Microsoft suite. Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience in the insurance industry helpful but not required.
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.