SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Junior Welder, Transportation Testing Services, works under close supervision and is responsible for welding and light fabrication for aluminum, stainless steel and mild steel for test fixtures and components for test purposes, specifically fixtures for servo hydraulic MTS 407 and Flex controlled tests and Electrodynamic (shaker) test fixtures and adapters.
QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Within clearly defined procedures joins, fabricates, and repairs metal and other weldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques and operating various welding devices.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Complies with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct
- Practices safe work practices looks out for safety of others
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses and CertificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School completion or GED
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Welding and equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associates degree and equivalent combination of education and experience (Preferred)
- Proficient at MIG & TIG welding (Aluminum, Stainless Steel and Mild Steel)
- Ability to work independently and coordinate several activities simultaneously
- Good communications skills, written and oral
- Ability to communicate with internal and external customers
- Expected to read understand interpret mechanical drawings and by using various fabrication techniques build fixtures and test components from customer drawings, engineering models and sketches
- Ability to understand engineering concepts and create setups for practical application to work on test equipment
- Team Player
- Seeks Responsibility, uses logical and practical approach to solving problems
- Capable of following instruction, working in a dynamic environment and performing at a high level
Physical Demands of the Job
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) - Intermediate user proficiency
This job has expired.
- Stand: Frequently
- Move or traverse: Frequently
- Sit: Occasionally
- Use hands: Frequently
- Reach with hands and arms: Frequently
- Climb or balance: Occasionally
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: Occasionally
- Talk/hear: Constantly
- Taste/Smell: Constantly
- Lift/carry/push or pull: Frequently 50 lbs